Campus Collections Controller (Hybrid)
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, this role is a hands-on and participative leader that focuses on student cash receivables from enrollment through post enrollment collection as well as overall policy adherence, delinquency monitoring, and student level engagement as needed; additional responsibilities may be assigned in support of campus operating cost control and management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the daily collections activity of the campus Business Offices to ensure student cash receivables are collected as agreed.
- Maintain and monitor weekly aging and collection activity reports with student level detail. Identify at-risk accounts and establish goals and strategies to support collection.
- Regularly communicate and collaborate with campus Executive Directors and Business Office associates to ensure appropriate actions based on collection history and performance.
- Maintain and analyze collection rates and trends at the program and campus level, and recommend modifications to policies or processes to enhance collection efforts.
- Perform analysis of portfolio performance over time (both in-school collections and out-of-school).
- Monitor cash collections to ensure adherence to stated policies and processes, both at the campus level and with third-party servicers (i.e. Tuition Options).
- Serve as liaison with third party collection partners to support optimal results.
- Provide direct supervision and oversight of UA Collections Specialist.
- Position will work closely both with the Financial Aid teams, the Campus Executive Directors and corporate accounting.
- Provide training, and mentorship of Business Office associates in a matrix environment.
- Regularly travels each week to all campus locations to maintain effective relationships and oversight.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with university administrators, associates, and servicers.
- Assist the VP for Finance with analysis, budget management, and other projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional appearance for position and serves as a role model, leader and mentor to the college community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in complex organizations.
- Proficiency with Excel including advanced functions such as pivot tables, formulas including v-lookup, etc.
- Financial aid experience.
- Experience with CampusVue a plus.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*