Adult Education Instructor
- Position Summary
Victoria College's Adult Education Department is hiring for part-time instructors for the Adult Education Program. Classes may be provided face-to-face and/or virtual. Instructional sites may be outside of the Victoria area.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Instructs adults in one or more of the following areas: English as a Second Language (ESL), Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult Secondary Education (ASE), Distance Learning, Workforce Skills Development, Transition to employment and/or Post-Secondary Education
- Retains an adequate number of students to justify continuation of the class
- Instruct basic skills by incorporating student-centered learning objectives.
- Implements holistic, learner-participatory instruction that addresses learners’ needs, abilities, and learning styles
- Incorporate informal assessment and provide constructive feedback to evaluate students’ progress
- Networks with college, community organizations, and service providers to recruit and retain students
- Provide relevant student information regarding necessary supportive services and/or transition assistance information to designated staff advisors
- Submits required reports that are accurate and turned in by dates as set by the grant and college policy/procedures
- Completes annual staff development requirements as determined by SBOE rules and supervisor(s)
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with adult education staff and program participants
- Organizes and maintains classroom environment and ensures security of classroom resources such as calculators, textbooks, etc.
- Teaches additional classes (substitutes) in multiple disciplines as needed
- Maintains communication with Lead Instructor to request materials, ensure accurate record keeping, and to fulfill professional development requirements
- May be assigned additional responsibilities regarding state initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required
- Computer literacy required
- Teaching experience preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds while loading office supplies and paper. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*