Title V Success Coach - Part Time
- Position Summary
***NOTE*** This position is supported by a five-year US Department of Education Title V grant ending 9/30/2026, with annual continuation funding after 9/30/2022 contingent on funding availability.
Victoria College's Academic Support & Student Success department is hiring for multiple part-time Student Success coaches to begin working in the Summer 2022 semester. These positions help students develop the skills they need for success in college and careers. They are a resource and assist students in college. They help students understand the college policies and procedures. They also aid students as they prepare for exams or connect them with other resources, such as counselors or special education services. Success coaches are invested in the success of their students. Success coaches are analytical, collaborative, and possess the ability to motivate students.
- Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building rapport with students.
- Helping students identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Assisting students with setting their academic and career goals.
- Developing student habits and other skills to ensure their success.
- Connecting students with other resources, as needed.
- Facilitating one-on-one coaching sessions and small class learning sessions.
- Providing proactive outreach for first time in college students to help them address their individual leaning needs in order to increase achievement and persistence.
- Attending mandatory coaching training sessions as required by the division.
- Managing Early Alert Cases as faculty submits them.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and providing positive feedback.
- Coaching students to become self-regulated and self-directed learners.
- Attending bi-weekly coaching meetings.
- This position will access student records at times and will follow all FERPA guidelines.
- Track the FTIC students mandatory visits
- Assistance providing data for Title V project evaluation, record keeping, etc.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in education or counseling may be preferred.
- A desire to help students succeed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate and build rapport with students.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with VC policies and procedures and student resources are preferred.
- Strong computer skills are highly desired.
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds while loading office supplies and paper. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*