Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Biology
Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Biology
Location : Sydney, Australia
Salary : $135K to $180K p.a. + 17% superannuation
Posted : 03 May 2022
End of advertisement period : 17 May 2022
Ref : 0090733
Academic Discipline : Life sciences, Biological Sciences
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
- Exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Biology (Education Focused) to join the Faculty of Science
- Located at the Camperdown campus in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Full time continuing position offering a base salary of $135K - $156K p.a. (Level C) or $163K - $180K p.a. (Level D) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Life and Environmental Sciences (SOLES) is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor in Biology (Education Focused). This is an wonderful opportunity to join the University of Sydney at an exciting and innovative time with the development of a new strategic plan, which will build upon our outstanding global reputation of education and research excellence. The appointee will develop and deliver first year biology units and provide high level education leadership in SOLES, to ensure excellence in teaching and learning, education research and research training and community engagement.
- a PhD in Biology or Life Sciences
- extensive experience in teaching first year classes, including delivering different types of teaching including lectures, tutorials and laboratory-based practical classes
- evidence of contributions to the field of life and biology education research, including publications in appropriate journals with a focus on the enhancement of teaching and learning in the discipline
- experience in curriculum design, including monitoring the vertical and horizontal alignment of first, second- and third-year units
- national or international reputation for excellence in educational design and delivery, including recognition for achieving improved or consistently excellent student outcomes, educational innovation, educational leadership and/or well-regarded pedagogical or disciplinary research
- record of excellence in educational design and practice within the discipline and beyond, as evidenced through demonstrated impact on student learning, recognition through awards/prizes
- proven leadership, commitment, and passion for engaging in scholarly and/or pedagogical research activities, recognised at a national level
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate's skills, experience, and knowledge.
Closing date for applications
11:30 pm, Tuesday 17th May 2022
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Simon Drew, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*