Assistant Professor - Department of Management - College of Business (29771)
The ideal candidate also demonstrates a clear focus on a scholarly stream(s) and can produce their own research as well as collaborate within and outside of the department and university. We seek a stimulating colleague who values membership in a community of active researchers. Among our 14 Faculty members research interests include abusive supervision, careers, empathy, entrepreneurship (entrepreneurial ecosystems, resourcefulness, social entrepreneurship), hospitality, innovation, leadership, purpose, research methodology, retention, risk taking, service frontlines, strategic HRM, talent management, and teams (team dynamics, top management teams). Faculty have published in some of the most prominent journals in the field, including Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Human Resource Management, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Organizational Research Methods, Personnel Psychology, and Strategic Management Journal.
Review of applications will begin on May 13, 2022, and the application window will close on May 20, 2022. Questions about the position should be addressed to Department Chair Jon Briscoe (email@example.com).
- Earned doctoral degree in business (from AACSB accredited school), human resource management, organizational behavior, or organizational psychology by start date
- Demonstrated capacity to teach effectively in the areas of HR and OB
- Demonstrated evidence of or potential for scholarly output in peer reviewed business and/or business-relevant applied psychology journals
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to and contribute effectively to the diverse culture in the department, college, and university
- Doctoral degree in business, human resource management, organizational behavior, or organizational psychology.
- Teaching experience in areas of HR and OB
- Experiential learning teaching practices
- Peer reviewed publications in high impact business and/or business-relevant applied psychology journals
- Interdisciplinary skills and perspective in teaching and research
- Relevant experience in business
- Record of, or potential for, developing relationships with the business community
Appointment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check upon hire.
- Cover letter: include statements of teaching philosophy, scholarly interests, and detailed information about status of dissertation if degree has not been granted
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Unofficial transcripts of highest degree earned
- List and contact information for three references
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Read the Annual Safety and Security Report. Contact the Ethics and Compliance Office at 815-753-1649 for a hard copy.
Read the Fire Safety Report. Contact the Department of Environmental Health and Safety at 815-753-0404 for a hard copy.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*