Mechanical Engineering Adjunct Position (ONLINE)
Working TitleMechanical Engineering Adjunct Position (ONLINE)
Position StatusPart Time
DepartmentSchool of Business and Industry
Develops and teaches classes in various aspects of mechanical engineering and automation.
Specific Position Duties
1. Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the teaching field;
2. Demonstrates willingness and ability to teach various courses, times, locations, and delivery methods, as needed and as reasonably requested by the college;
3. Utilizes appropriately challenging coursework to help students realize their full potential as learners;
4. Provides students with written expectations, e.g., syllabi, policies, assignment instructions, graded evaluations, etc.;
5. Administers tests which are appropriate to course content, including a comprehensive final exam measuring overall grasp of course objectives;
6. By various ways and means of instructing students, affirms the worth and dignity of all persons and the right of all persons to learn;
7. Maintains an appropriate learning and assessment climate in the classroom, whether traditional, web, or distance, which encourages the free exchange of ideas while defending academic honesty and objectivity;
8. Prepares adequately for class and arrives promptly at class meetings, labs, and any other scheduled instructional activities;
9. Delivers material in a clear and understandable manner;
10. Addresses student concerns, i.e., comments, questions, and input, both in class and via posted office hours, timely electronic communication, and other suitable means;
11. Effectively handles routine procedures necessary for the successful, day-to-day operation of the department as delegated by the department chair.
Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.odessa.edu/postings/2769
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*