Instructor, Pharmacy Technician
- Occupational Summary
The Pharmacy Technician Instructor will teach the didactic and lab component of a curriculum designed to help students build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at passing the national certification exam; teach classes and provide supervision of trainees during clinical training. This job requires flexible hours; days, nights and possibly weekends.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver the curriculum required to build knowledge and develop clinical skills aimed at assisting students to pass the national certification exam
- Supervise students during lab training
- Evaluate the curriculum to meet State and federal requirements and address the needs of the students
- Evaluate students' clinical progress regularly including using standardized assessment tools
- Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content
- Evaluate and document students' progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained
- Communicate effectively with students, fellow team members, Craven CC staff, and prospective employers
- Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care
- Promote the mission of the Community College and the Healthcare Programs in a positive manner with all staff, participants and partners, and a consistent exchange of information in a transparent and collaborative environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
Certified Pharmacy Technician or Licensed Pharmacist.
†Two (2) years' experience as a pharmacy technician or Pharmacist.
†Meets at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course teaching adults
- Experience teaching adults
- Experience in supervising pharmacy technicians
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to perform physical work with students in a class/lab setting.
†Must possess the ability to work with students from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*