This job has Expired
Adjunct Counselor for Academic Counseling - Ossining Ext. Ctr.
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Ossining Extension Center and direction and training by the Acting Director of the Center for Academic Counseling and Student Success, the successful candidate for this position, among other responsibilities, will offer academic and career planning, and academic counseling to all college students.† This position's primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist college students with the selection of curriculum choices and their requirements
- Provide personal academic counseling sessions to assess and address personal issues that might interfere with the student's academic success
- Aid students with educational, career and life skill planning
- Provide students with academic advisement based on their ability to succeed
- Advise students of transfer and employment opportunities
- Where necessary, make referrals to both on and off-campus college resources and community resources such as the Personal Counseling Department (Social Workers), Tutoring, Library, and other community resources
- Participate in projects directly related to boosting the overall success of students and improving the services the college provides
- Assist the Center Director with recruitment and retention efforts
- Assist the Center Director with class scheduling
- All other duties, as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:† †A Bachelor's degree in a non-specific field and Master's degree in Guidance, Counseling, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field. Two years of experience required, preferably in a higher education setting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: †Preference will be given to candidates who can communicate in both written and spoken Spanish.
WORK SCHEDULE: Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY:†$45.32 per hour. No benefits.
Applicants interested MUST apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.† Please login to:† https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.† The review of candidates will begin†immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.†
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*