Dr. Jingxin Wang’s Laboratory at the University of Kansas is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher for a new project funded by the W. M. Keck Foundation. The Wang lab is focused on development of new tools in chemical biology and nucleic acid biochemistry. The candidate will perform research to understand the rules of RNA splice site selection and create new methods to modulate gene expression, especially for the disease-driving genes that are not suitable to target by small molecules.
This position is limited term with a typical duration of 1-5 years, depending on funding availability.
70% - Design and execution of experiments
20% - Write reports and papers
- Explore new chemical genetic strategies to understand and modulate RNA splicing. The experiments include but are not limited to creating cellular disease models, biochemical manipulation of nucleic acids, and preparation of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) libraries.
10% - Other Laboratory Duties
- Write standard operating procedures (SOP) for selected equipment and experiments. Draft scientific papers for peer-reviewed journals.
- Train junior scientists in the lab.
- Maintain lab equipment.
1. PhD degree in biochemistry, chemical biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or closely related field.
2. Minimum of 2 years with one of the following techniques: click chemistry, molecular cloning, biochemical reactions on nucleic acids, NGS analysis, CRISPR, and lentivirus production.
3. Published at least one refereed paper in the above-mentioned field(s).
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
1. Experience in RNA biophysics, coding for bioinformatics, or protein expression and purification.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes an online application, cover letter, resume highlighting pertinent experience relative to the required and preferred qualifications and contact information for three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review will begin on July 11, 2022 and continue until a successful candidate is identified. To ensure first consideration, please apply by July 10, 2022.
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Jingxin Wang
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date