Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood of Southern New England, one of the region’s largest and most trusted providers of reproductive health care. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide, the outstanding sexual health education we deliver, and our strong commitment to social justice. Working for Planned Parenthood is more than a job; it’s being a part of a powerful movement. Together, we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights for all people.
Position Summary: In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission, the Director of Leadership & Professional Development in partnership with the Chief Equity & Learning Officer is responsible for the successful creation and implementation of PPSNE’s leadership and professional development initiatives including its mentorship program and additional projects related to growth and supervision support.
- Develops and implements leadership pathways and professional development opportunities for all staff including our internal mentorship program
- Trains and facilitates on such topics as conflict resolution, change management, feedback, and career pathways
- Develops and implements leadership and supervisory training for all leaders
- Leads team building support for managers and teams across the organization
- Manages training and on-going support related to our In This Together Values
- Coaches and supports the application of leadership training curriculum for supervisors
- Provides on-site coaching for supervisors and staff related to leadership and professional development
- Develops and implements professional development plan process
- Partners closely with clinical services and Clinical Training team to ensure professional development of health center staff
- Partners with Director of Equity and Organizational Culture to develop and implement customer service and employee engagement initiatives
- Supports managers with supervision across difference
- Responsible for a culture of growth and learning across organization
- Participates in national leadership and staff engagement initiatives as appropriate
- Responsible for leadership and professional development related metrics and tracking of budget expenditures
- Partners closely with the Director of Equity & Organizational Culture to ensure EOC program alignment
- Develops meaningful internal relationships across the organization
- Passionate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of PPSNE
- Creative approaches to training design, for both in person and in virtual settings, with front line staff to executive leadership
- Experience implementing leadership and professional development initiatives including mentorship programs
- Understands impact of structural racism on organizational development
- Understands how dynamics related to identity impact organizational culture
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively work across difference
- Aware of multiple group identities and their dynamics, and brings a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
- Holds oneself and others accountable for racial equity practice
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Collaborative leader
- Life-long learner
- Committed to race+ equity and inclusion
- Culturally responsive
- Progress a learning organization while developing passionate staff
- Move the needle on equity and inclusion within a leading Planned Parenthood affiliate
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy, dynamic environment with a team who is dedicated to the mission
Salary Range; Min $70,721 Mid $88,401 Max $110,501 and is based on full years of experience.
Due to our commitment to equity and fairness PPSNE does not negotiate salaries.
PPSNE is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
PPSNE offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, a flexible spending account, wellness program and more