Working TitleCommunity Food Strategies & NCLFC Business Associate
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience ($39,204 - $44,000)
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday; 8am - 5pm (weekends as needed)
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentCenter for Environmental Farming Systems
About the Department
The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (www.cefs.ncsu.edu), is a partnership between North Carolina State University (NCSU), North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCA&T) and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS). Its mission is to develop and promote just and equitable food and farming systems that conserve natural resources, strengthen communities, improve health outcomes, and provide economic opportunities in North Carolina and beyond.
Community Food Strategies and the NC Local Food Council (NCLFC) are two CEFS initiatives that work to support and activate a network of local food councils and local food system and agriculture stakeholders. The initiatives provide resources, training, and networking structure.
Essential Job Duties
The Community Food Strategies & NCLFC Business Associate position will serve an important role in the administration and programming of the Community Food Strategies (CFS) and NC Local Food Councils (NCLFC) initiatives of CEFS. This position will support both the general business functions and program offerings for both initiatives.
Essential duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical day-to day customer service and support of the operations of both initiatives affiliated with the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS).
- Provide programmatic and logistical support, including coordination of working groups and internship program.
- Provide grant management support services to program staff.
- Stay up –to-date on program policies and procedures to effectively communicate them to staff working with the educational programs and will problem solve as needed.
- Maintain accounts and records to support reporting needs.
Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in project management, communications, and relationship management in a food systems setting, agriculture, or food policy related environment;
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, computer, project management, and writing skills;
- Must be capable of doing all the described activities independently;
- Must be knowledgeable of food systems generally, and ideally of North Carolina food systems in particular;
- Ability to provide excellent verbal and written communications;
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, organization, and attention to detail while managing multiple projects;
- Ability to explain and interpret program services, policies, and procedures to various audiences;
- Understanding of and experience with equitable and local food systems;
- Ability to provide oversight for, administer, evaluate, and track progress for specific program areas;
- Ability to problem solve independently and reach out to CEFS Administrative Team for additional support;
- Ability to develop and maintain productive collaborative work relationships with all clients;
- Ability to utilize office equipment and other relevant technology (software and systems) to meet work needs, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Platform, and Google Platform, Zoom, etc.
- Graduation from a four year accredited college or university with a degree in public administration, political science, biology, agriculture, or a related degree or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree;
- 2-3 years experience in the area of assignment;
- Experience with accounting, budgeting, grants management, and/or program management;
- Experience with local food councils, personal or professional;
- Knowledge of NCSU accounting and budgeting processes, Wolf Reporting system, NCSU Travel regulations, Marketplace, P-card, standard office procedures and knowledge of contract and grants processes.
Required License or Certification
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
Valid NC Driver's License requiredYes
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date06/30/2022
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)07/07/2022
Notice to Applicants
Please make sure that the work history you list on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume. The application must be filled out completely, do not use the phrase “see resume.”
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and full contact information for three professional references including a current or former supervisor.
Position Classification Band TitleUniversity Program Associate
Position Classification Band LevelJourney
Position Classification Salary Range$31,200 - $56,545
Salary Grade EquivalencyGN07
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Medical Emergencies
Time Limited PositionYes
Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable)funding through May 2023
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?No
Department Id111502 - Center for Environmental Farming Systems
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.