Silicon Valley Education Foundation (SV[e]F) is the largest STEM focused educational nonprofit in Silicon Valley and desires to expand our efforts to serve the greater Bay Area. Our mission is to deliver and advocate for STEM education that inspires students furthest from access and opportunity to obtain economic mobility through pathways that include college, certification, or direct access to a STEM career.
Job Title: Senior Director of District Partnerships Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
As the Senior Director of District Partnerships, you will be responsible for building and supporting a Bay Area team of SVEF District Relationship (Sales) Managers and replicable processes in service obtainable markets for revenue generation, operational scaling, and most importantly academic impact. You are passionate about team building, public education system networking, and driving impactful academic outcomes for underserved students. Data-driven decision making practices, using SV[e]F Customer Relations Management software, G-Suite and other tools will be keys to success.
The suite of products and services you and your team will offer to school districts include:
- Teacher Professional Learning [PL] - Designed by teachers for teachers to expand their professional math, and computer science practices in their classrooms and school community.
- Elevate [Math] - Summer and After School Extended Learning Math Program for 3rd - 10th graders
- [CS] Innovate - Summer and After School Extended Learning Intro to Computer Science, Technology, Design Thinking, Robotics and Making for middle school - 10th graders
- School2Home - Digital Literacy Initiative for School Communities to safely and effectively use the Internet as a tool for research, learning and academic success
The Senior Director of District Partnerships will utilize Zoom and travel up to 45% of the time in the San Francisco Bay Area, including travel to districts, relevant events and conferences. This position will report directly to the Chief Strategy & District Partnerships Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary sales point of contact for school district and site partners
- Build, maintain, and grow relationships with district and site contacts
- Keep up to date, grow and strengthen ongoing relationships with existing partners
- Finalize contractual agreements (MOUs) in collaboration with SV[e]F Program Director(s), Chief Financial Officer, and leadership as required.
- Participate in the creation of SV[e]F sales/pitch for all products and collateral as needed
- In collaboration with SV[e]F Program Directors, lead pitch conversations of SVEF programs via webinar and in-person meetings with school district leaders Rev. 02/2022
- Work cross-functionally with Chief Strategy Officer to ensure we are outcome driven and messaging is consistent across SVEF portfolio
- Consistently utilize SV[e]F Customer Relationship Management system to manage processes related to product sales.
- Collaborate with program leads to shape program prioritization and program direction
- Provides industry insight from client perspective for research and effectiveness of SV[e]F services.
- 5+ years experience successfully selling and/or implementing products/programs into K-12 school districts
- Strong professional public education network within S.F Bay Area region
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to cultivate personal relationships with potential clients
- Strong customer service and listening skills
- Strong organization and reporting abilities
- Experience in customer relationship management (CRM) practices
- Experience with Google Suite
- Self-motivated, collaborative individual who is able to work both independently and as part of a team in fast-paced environments
- Experience working in public education at site administrative level or above a plus
- Strategic thinking
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
Please submit your resume to HR@svefoundation.org