Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotionaldirect service programmingutilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities,workforce programmingto expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, andpolicy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 140,700 children with the support of more than 60,400 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
This is an outstanding career opportunity and a vital role for an exceptionally motivated and experienced Executive Assistant to provide high-level support to Jumpstarts Chief Development & Marketing Officer (CDMO). The ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to experience and influence the daily operations of a dynamic nonprofit organization engaged in a five-year strategic plan and growth capital campaign and will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and collaboration in managing a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
They must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities including providing support to the Development Leadership Team:
- Chief Development and Marketing Officer
- Vice-President of Development
- Vice-President of Marketing, Communications, and Brand, and
- Associate Vice-President of Development
The role is a great opportunity for a highly organized, and innovative professional with strong communication and project management skills.
- Ensure clarity, prioritization, and strong coordination of the CDMOs daily activities.
- Proactively maintain CDMOs calendar and daily schedule; arrange upcoming meetings, prepare CDMO by providing supporting agendas and all relevant information.
- Manage or assist with the management of internal policies and procedures on behalf of the CDMO (e.g. new hire protocols, performance review processes, budgeting, approval of time etc.).
- Maintain administrative files and documents; prepare PowerPoint decks, Excel spreadsheets, and other documents utilizing best in class tools/technologies.
- Manage or assist with special projects and events as needed including conducting research, event planning, preparation for speaking and other engagements, etc.
- Provide supplemental tech support and guidance to CDMO in understanding, navigating, operating, and troubleshooting Jumpstart software applications, hardware, telecom equipment, online platforms, Zoom and MS Teams video technology and related functions, and other technology tools as applicable.
- Provide support to the Senior Development Leadership Team (the Vice Presidents of Marketing, Communications, and Brand, Development and Associate Vice President) for meeting preparation, logistics and follow up.
- Manage CDMO and Development Leadership Team travel arrangements to Jumpstarts markets and support back end responsibilities such as expense reporting through the appropriate Jumpstart system, i.e. Concur.
- Handle other administrative duties as necessary.
Database Management (Salesforce) Responsibilities
- Follow all internal processes and procedures to ensure that all internal databases are maintained at the highest level.
- Request reports and learn how to run reports working with Development Operations team to secure data quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain the CDMOs inputs into the Salesforce database on a timely basis.
- Maintain CDMOs shared documents and intranet presence.
- Support CDMOs correspondence including writing, transcribing, editing, and proofreading.
- Cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally; serve as a liaison to staff, key stakeholders, and others on behalf of the CDMO including members of the Executive Team, Leadership Team, Local Advisory Boards, donors and all external parties.
- Support the CDMOs, Vice-Presidents, and AVPs work with Jumpstarts Local Advisory Boards and Growth Capital Campaign committee follow up designing tools and protocols to effectively manage the work and necessary follow-up.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of the organizations mission, values, strategic goals, and program model.
- Access the organizations intranet daily to track requests, special announcements, staff changes, etc.; provide updates to the CDMO during regular check-ins or as needed.
Project Management & Problem Solving
- Understanding and commitment to project management skills:
- Address important questions at the beginning of the project
- Sketch out a scope and goals for project
- Communicate roles, expectations, and objectives to the team
- Monitor progress and identify roadblocks
- Make sure all deliverables have been met and finalize the project
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify problems, solve them quickly, and appropriately message all shifts.
Innovative Thinking & Flexibility
- Demonstrate an ability to create processes and systems to streamline internal operations for the CDMO and her leadership team, including the Growth Capital Campaign, Pipeline Review meetings for the Executive Team and Prospect Review Meetings with the Development Team.
- Show aptitude for framing problems as opportunities and for always pushing to further streamline processes.
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Considerable number of years of experience (5+) assisting high-level executives (preferably at the C-Suite level) and/or experience on a development team, ideally within development operations.
- 2-3 years of experience in project management or development operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to work with all staff at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness; ability to follow-through and close loops.
- Proficiency in MS Office with excellent Outlook organizational skills; ability to facilitate use of technology for conference calls, and meetings (e.g. Microsoft Teams and Zoom).
- Superb attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with budgeting tasks.
- Availability to flex or work after hours when necessary.
- Ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams), Google apps, and Salesforce.
- Commitment to Jumpstarts core values of learning, community, social justice, joy, and inclusive leadership.
- On-going commitment and interest in social justice or diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Boast a deep belief in Jumpstarts mission; and can root your work in the organizations core values.
Preferred or Ideal
- Prior experience working on a development team in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work by bringing together multiple teams/departments for shared collaborative success
- Evidence of exceptional judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to support multiple members of a leadership team
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and independently define priorities