iMentor Baltimore is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial non-profit or education leader with a focus on large scale, complex multi-site program and team management for our Sr. Director, Program role. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sr. Director, Program will contribute to the iMentor mission by leading program implementation and ultimately driving student impact for iMentor Baltimore’s high school students and post-secondary mentees. An integral member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director, Programs will execute iMentor Baltimore’s programmatic plan and steward the region’s growth as it seeks to grow its program impact over the next three years. As a part of a national organization this role collaborates with the iMentor National Program Team and other regional teams to continually innovate and improve on our model.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting annual development and growth goals for an organization, demonstrate strong inclusive leadership skills, and have in-depth knowledge and understanding of Baltimore City Public Schools and the Maryland post-secondary landscape. Experience and knowledge of the complex issues facing first generation college going students including undocumented students.
- Lead a layered team of 4 individuals (3 school based and 1 post secondary) scaling to 6+ over the next three years
- Serve as part of iMentor Baltimore’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) working in close collaboration with ED and other senior leaders to curate and lead regional vision, culture and development.
- Foster a highly effective work culture with strong leadership development to all staff through quality coaching and feedback.
- Oversee a high-quality execution of the iMentor model in Baltimore
- Oversee Program Managers’ Weekly school day classes|curriculum at 3 High School sites
- Oversee Program Mangers’ Monthly pair events (combo in-person and virtual)
- Oversee Program Manager’s Post secondary program oversight (i.e workshops, advising sessions, etc.)
- Manage sites towards ambitious goals, using data-driven decision making to monitor and address problems, improve performance, and increase sustainability.
- Lead our programmatic growth strategy, which includes recruitment and onboarding of new school partnerships
- Manage and steward new and existing school and district partnerships
- 2+ years of large-scale and/or multi-site program management
- 2+ years of staff management experience, preferably in a non-profit or education setting
- Deep knowledge of Baltimore City Public Schools and the Maryland post-secondary success landscape
- Experience measuring program effectiveness and outcomes and tracking progress towards goals
- Demonstrated success building and sustaining strong partnerships (ideally with schools)
- Experience supporting fundraising campaigns via supplying program data and impact, student testimonies, etc.
- Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education, beliefs, and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity across the iMentor community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Our organization works in partnership with public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of school partners including background checks.
- iMentor is committed to ensuring healthy and safe environments for our staff, mentors, and the students we serve. In order to fully comply with the Maryland Vaccine mandates, all iMentor employees (regardless of role or region) are required to be fully vaccinated priority to their start date.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary $90-95K commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation (increasing annually to 21, 23, 25), 13 paid holidays + your birthday + one floating holiday, iMentor closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 6-7 sick days annually
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth including a $250 personal professional development budget in your first year, increasing to $500 in each subsequent year
- Flexible Home/Office/School working arrangement
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent care and health care flexible spending plans
- 1 hour of wellness time off per week for wellness activities of your choosing
- 9 weeks of paid parental leave
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, and Baltimore, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor. iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model.
This year, iMentor Baltimore will serve students at two Baltimore City Public Schools, schools in which a majority of students served will be first-generation college graduates. Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 33,000 students with mentors and this year. iMentor is serving 10,000 students across the country.
iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation. iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are collaborative, fun, bring passion and joy to our work, and deeply believe in human potential. iMentor was recently named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times. Read more about our work and values at: http://www.imentor.org
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that people of all backgrounds deserve equal access to educational opportunities. Recognizing that our country’s history of racism and systemic oppression continues to drive educational disparities for students of color, we give special focus to addressing the economic and racial divides that impact the communities we serve. We are committed to the collective work and intentional investment necessary to consistently move in the direction of educational equity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Sorry, due to the high-volume of applicants for this and other positions here at iMentor, no phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response. iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer