Assistant Professor/Coordinator Certified Nursing Assistant Program-194 duty days
Salary : Depends on Qualifications
Location : Lake City, FL
Job Type : Full-time
Division : Vice President, Academic Affairs
Job Number : 2021-00062
Closing : 7/28/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
This position reports directly to and works closely with the Director of ASDN and Certificate programs. Along with teaching (didactic, skills laboratory, simulation and clinical), the Coordinator will assist with the implementation and evaluation of the CNA program curriculum based on the Florida Board of Nursing (FBON) rules and regulations and the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) Framework. The Coordinator will ensure that students are prepared to take and pass the State certification exam after program completion. The Coordinator will also assist with maintaining programmatic standards to achieve the goals, objectives and expected outcomes.
Examples of Duties
(Note: The following examples of work as listed in this job description are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the classification. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists with student recruitment and admission to the CNA program.
- Assists with new student orientation to the CNA program.
- Acts as a role-model for students by demonstrating professional behaviors.
- Maintains open communication and positive relationships with students, staff, faculty, college administrators, and clinical partners.
- Counsels and advises students for successful progression through and graduation from the program.
- Coordinates course delivery and activities in didactic, skills/simulation laboratory and clinical.
- Assigns students to respective clinical areas to complete rotations to meet the program’s objectives and required clinical hours.
- Adheres to grading policies for didactic, skills/simulation and clinical practice).
- Maintains the required instructor-to-student ratios in skills laboratory and clinical rotations.
- Assists with orientating, mentoring, and evaluating all adjunct instructors.
- Assists with workload assignment and evaluation of all adjunct instructors.
- Ensures that students have all health and other requirements to begin their clinical rotations.
- Ensures affiliation agreements are in place and current for all clinical placements throughout the clinical rotation.
- Evaluate clinical sites to ensure adequacy for students’ clinical practice.
- Supervises and conducts student evaluations in didactic, skills/simulation laboratory and in clinical practice.
- Evaluates the program resources and makes recommendations for revisions to the Director of ASDN and Certificate programs.
- Engages in professional development activities to support job requirements.
- Prepares for instruction such as developing and revising course syllabi, lesson plans, exams/quizzes, skills practice and skills check-off, mock skills testing and clinical evaluations for students.
- Assists with development, revision, implementation (enforcement) of course/programmatic policies.
- Ensures that students acquire the relevant nursing and employability skills in preparation for the workforce.
- Assists with monitoring the systematic program evaluation plan (SPEP).
- Prepares graduation applications each fall and spring semesters.
- Prepares course schedules each fall and spring semesters.
- Assists students with State certification exam registration.
- Provides students with relevant available resources regarding future employment.
- Uses teaching-learning strategies reflective of students’ culture, learning styles, special needs, and socio-economic background.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the course/program subject matter.
- Creates and maintains positive learning environments in which students are actively engaged in learning, social interaction, cooperative learning and self-motivation.
- Uses appropriate technology in the teaching and learning process.
- Other functions as specified in applicable policies/procedures and the Faculty Handbook.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.)
AA or AS in Nursing, active unencumbered Florida RN license, and at least two (2) years of experience in long-term and acute care health facilities, and at least one (1) year of experience teaching (clinical or academic) adults or has at least one (1) year of experience teaching (clinical or academic) adults, or has completed a course in teaching adults, or has at least one (1) year experience with supervising nursing assistants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to present information in a coherent manner and the ability to evaluate students fairly. Ability to understand the entire program and pay special attention to details such as student course and program retention, progression, and success. Strong organizational skills.
BSN degree, three (3) or more years as a Staff Nurse in long-term and acute care settings, computer literacy and familiar with Canvas or similar learning management system.
Florida Gateway College does not discriminate in education or employment related decisions on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status in accordance with the law. The equity officer is Cassie Buckles, Executive Director of Human Resources, Building 001, Room 116, 149 SE College Place, Lake City, FL 32025, and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (386) 754-4313