Greater Midland – People Relations and Brand Director
We need professionals like you!
Greater Midland is a growing non-profit organization based in Midland, Michigan, and a leader in providing unforgettable recreation, social services, and wellness experiences that are accessible to everyone. It offers its employees hands on experience and is known for the positive impact it makes on people in the community.
The People Relations & Brand Director will report directly to the President/CEO and will strategically design and implement HR services focusing on the coordination and administration of employee total compensation, benefits, employee development and engagement, talent acquisition and employee experience, and the oversight of internal and external communication of Greater Midland events, programs and projects.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering company policy, and through consultation, helping Greater Midland leadership resolve work-related staff issues.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise all levels of leadership on organizational policy matters ensuring a balance between compliance to employment laws and effectiveness of a supportive and caring culture as aligned to our Values.
- Guide difficult staffing situations, including: dealing with understaffing, arbitrating disputes, administering disciplinary procedures and separation of employees.
- Support the employee development function from onboarding to succession planning.
- Oversee activities relevant to Talent Acquisition.
- Design infrastructure and support Employee Training Systems.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administer performance management systems and employee internal engagement systems.
- Support Safety System including administration of Workers’ Compensation.
- Supervise and provide strategic direction for Employee Experience and Communications staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- 5 years of experience in a Human Resources department having a variety of responsibilities, including: talent acquisition, benefits, performance management, employment law, employee development.
- Experience with corporate branding, marketing communications and employee experience is desired.
Why Should You Apply?
As a full-time employee of Greater Midland, you receive:
- Health Insurance, paid-time-off, holidays, sick leave, 401k benefits, life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability.
- A free family premier membership at any of our centers.
- Significant discounts on Greater Midland programs and services.
- Discounts off of childcare and day camps for the employees’ child or dependents at all centers.
How to Apply: If you believe you are a match for this position, we welcome you to fill out our application by clicking this link: https://form.jotform.com/200205700693142.
About Greater Midland: Greater Midland promotes vitality and builds belonging through recreation, wellness and social services that encourage the lifelong pursuit of learning, personal fulfillment, and good health. We respect differences and promote equality for all, offering programs and services that reflect the community’s needs. Founded in 1919, Greater Midland’s seven operating units have grown to include Midland Community Center, Coleman Family Center, Corporate Wellness, Curling Center, North-End Fitness Center, North Midland Family Center, and Tennis Center. We employ more than 500 people county-wide and positively impact an estimated 80% of City of Midland residents with 60% of those living in Midland County. Learn more at www.greatermidland.org.
(Job Code: GM1022)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Midland, MI 48640: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional In Human Resources (Preferred)
Work Location: One location