Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Job ID: 1448
Department: Student Success
Location: Main Campus
Posting Date: 06/20/2022
Initial Screening Date: 07/06/2022
Director of Admissions and Recruitment
Pay grade level: 16
Compensation: $59,239 - $74,049
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Exempt
Job Code: SA011FTEDIR
Department: Office of Admissions
Division: Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Reports to: Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Positions Supervised: Office of Admissions Staff
Location: Primarily Main Campus, but any other college location as assigned by the appropriate administrator
The Director of Admissions and Recruitment provides vision and creative leadership for the Office of Admissions. The director will lead the planning and implementation of the College strategic recruitment plan, administrative management, professional development, and compliance. The individual appreciates shared governance and working in a diverse environment. This position reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management to ensure that the KCKCC strategy for recruitment and admission services aligns with the mission, vision, values, and strategic direction of the College.
The Office of the Admissions is a department within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (SAEM). The Director of Admissions is a member of the SAEM Leadership Team consisting of the Vice President, Dean of Student Services, and departmental directors.
- Lead and develop the daily operations of the Office of Admissions and which include activities related to for-credit recruitment, application for admission processing, dual-credit high school programs, college operator, and international student services.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates all programs, including the selection, hiring, training, and supervision of staff.
- Maintains high standards of customer services and develops a system of staff accountability related to admissions and recruitment best and high-impact practices.
- Assumes a leadership role in the development of the annual KCKCC student recruitment plan in alignment with the strategic enrollment management plan consistent with college priorities and goals.
- Works collaboratively with SAEM and leadership across the campus to analyze, communicate, and provide recommendations for effective enrollment, recruitment, and admissions strategies. and reports recruitment and admissions data and identifies trends.
- Develop, execute, and access office policies, procedures, and data processing and technology systems of the Admissions Office that support the College, division, and departmental strategies and goals.
- Represents the college on school district committees and councils as appropriate and works collaboratively with academic affairs on joint college and school district evaluation and assessment/placement activities.
- Works with Marketing to create publications and information for distribution to a broad range of student demographics; Collaborates with the Marketing department on the development and implementation of print communication strategies, web strategy and development, email and social media communication strategies, and campus positioning and branding.
- Keeps abreast of national trends by attending workshops, and conferences, maintaining appropriate memberships and other professional development opportunities.
- As assigned, liaison with national, regional, state, and local organizations promoting best admissions and recruitment practices to the College community.
- Responsible for developing a student ambassador program to support recruitment goals and services opportunities across the College.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management aligned with College and SAEM strategic priorities and goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to and ability to work with a diverse student, faculty, and staff population.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to inclusive practices that promote social justice and equity.
- High energy, self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships and establish credibility with all levels of students, faculty, and staff in the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Ability to manage several projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
Candidate must possess at least five (5) years of full-time progressively responsible experience with a demonstrated record in college admissions, including supervision of full-time staff.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Master’s degree.
- Experience within a public two-year higher education institution.
- Experience working directly with community partners to develop relevant career connected. recruitment strategies and learning opportunities that support community and college needs.
- Experience developing, managing, or utilizing a college recruitment CRM system.
- Possess knowledge and experience with Ellucian's student information system.
- Experience working with a highly diverse, first-generation, and financially fragile student population.
- Multilingual speaking and writing proficiency.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, see, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Monday – Friday; 40 hours per week. Must be able to work variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours, frequent travel and must be able to work evening and weekend hours when required.
Visit www.kckcc.edu and click on CAREERS for a list of available positions.
Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Educational Institution