Working TitleLead Dishwasher
Anticipated Hiring Range$32,000 - $34,000
Work Schedule40 hours per week; work hours may vary based on business needs; work schedule may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentNC State Dining
About the Department
NC State was named a great place to work in the 2022 Forbes annual survey as the best large employer in North Carolina.
NC State embodies a culture that values collaboration, creativity, innovation, diversity, and teamwork. We provide a team-oriented culture, work/life balance, and work that makes a difference in our community, the state, and beyond. We also offer great benefits for SHRA
permanent positions working more than 30 hours a week, including healthcare, vacation, holiday and sick leave, retirement and more. You can even join the NC State Wellness and Recreation Center and receive discounted meals on campus.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each department is dedicated to providing service excellence, value and enrichment of the student experience in support of academic success.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 11 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 5 convenience stores, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA
For more information about why you should consider working for Campus Enterprises at NC State, visit our website at https://campusenterprises.ncsu.edu/dept/hr/opportunities/permanent-opportunities/
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID
-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
Essential Job Duties
There will be multiple hires made from this posting. Locations will be determined.
This position serves as a Lead Dishwasher at a NC State Dining unit and will assign tasks and direct efforts of other food service technicians, temporary and student employees.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise sanitation personnel to ensure a consistent and efficient dish-washing operation and working environment at the assigned location.
• Assign and direct the efforts of other dishwashers to ensure all daily tasks are scheduled and completed as required.
• Train employees in specific job assignments, to include training in the proper and safe operations of all equipment used.
• Recognize, address, and resolve potential problems in service.
• Work to maintain a high level of sanitation through the kitchen, dining, storage and disposal areas.
• Sanitation work includes sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash, and cleaning doors, windows and kitchen areas.
• Check tables, chairs, and equipment to make sure items are in good repair.
• May also review schedules and timekeeping for assigned staff to ensure proper employee coverage and utilization.
• May assist with stocking of beverages and other food items.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork.
• Model the Division’s mission and values, introduce the Division’s mission and values to the employees, and foster a positive, cohesive workplace and congeniality among co-workers.
• Understand the goals and culture of the organization, and understand how employees’ work activities, teamwork, and customer service impact clients. Work with your supervisor and colleagues to understand these goals and the culture.
• Adhere to all University policies, procedures, and regulations, and Division standard operating practices and protocols.
• Due to operational needs of the NC State Dining department, an employee may be assigned to work in any NC State Dining department including, but not limited to, catering and special events.
• Perform other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met.
Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
Some positions may require certification by the Department of Correction.
Other Required Qualifications
• Experience working in fast paced restaurant environment.
• Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation processes.
• Excellence in completing all tasks and performance goals.
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations, to team and customers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, peers and supervisors.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds above head and up to 60 pounds on rare occasions, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Follow all safety procedures and protocols; incumbent will routinely handle sharp items such as knives and slicer blades as well as be around hot food items, food pans, ovens, fryers, steam tables, grills, etc.
• Ability to use or learn to use email.
- One year of experience as a commercial dishwasher in a high volume kitchen.
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation processes.
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date04/21/2022
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)04/28/2022
Notice to Applicants
Please make sure that the work history you list on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume. The application must be filled out completely, do not use the phrase “see resume.”
Position Classification Band TitleFood Services Technician
Position Classification Band LevelJourney
Position Classification Salary Range$31,200 - $38,504
Salary Grade Equivalency0
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.0
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherMandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal Emergencies
Time Limited PositionNo
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?No
Department Id471501 - Dining and Catering Operations
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.