Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Business Information Systems
Location : Sydney, Australia
Salary : Academic B/C, Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 p.a. + 17% superannuation
Posted : 23 Jun 2022
End of advertisement period : 07 Aug 2022
Ref : 0093992
Academic Discipline : Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Education
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
- Full time continuing
- Contribute to world class Business Information Systems research and education within the University of Sydney Business School
- Academic B/C, Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Business School has an outstanding international reputation in management research and teaching, and works in close cooperation with industry, government and the not-for-profit sectors. We are regarded as a leader in the region and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development. The University of Sydney Business School is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
We are leaders in business education through articulating a modern digital business curriculum, as well as providing dedicated offerings in the School's management programs. We teach in areas such as digital innovation, digital transformation, and leadership, as well as agile project methods. Our graduates are highly valued by industry, leading consulting and professional services firms.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to the research strengths of the discipline, including obtaining competitive research grants and publishing regularly in journals of international standing
- support the School's expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration, with a focus on the school's core research areas and existing research groups
- effectively design and deliver teaching in Business Information Systems units at undergraduate and postgraduate levels to culturally diverse student cohorts, including engagement with professional bodies in order to develop innovative teaching programs that enhance the student learning experience and their employability
- supervise higher degree research students
- contribute to academic administration.
The University of Sydney Business School values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Level B/C) in Business Information Systems who:
- has completed a PhD in information systems or a closely related field (A PhD under examination is acceptable at lecturer level)
- has an active research program in Information Systems with significant potential for high quality publication (Lecturer level) or a well-established program and publication record (Senior Lecturer level)
- expertise in one or more of the key areas of business information systems, in particular: Digital Business Models, Digital Innovation and transformation, Agile Methodologies in IS, Systems thinking, Data in Business Decision-Making, Critical Data Science
- has a demonstrated IS theoretical and methodological background, familiarity with interpretivist, qualitative research approaches
- is interested in (Lecturer level), and has experience with (Senior Lecturer level), innovative, inter-disciplinary, non-orthodox research approaches, and contributing to public conversations around technology-led change
- can demonstrate high quality teaching and capacity (Lecturer level) or experience (Senior Lecturer level) in curriculum design, in one or many of the areas of business information systems, digital innovation and management in a digital world.
Additional criteria, desirable for Level B, essential for Level C:
- Demonstrated ability to publish in top journals in the field of Information Systems
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum and/or course design
- Proven record of ability to attract research funding
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with industry and/or government organisations
- A record of successful administrative experience including course and program administration
- Demonstrated ability to communicate research results to industry and wider audiences, such as via blogs, podcasts or the media
- Membership of a recognised professional association
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
For the right candidates, visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 7 August 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply