Faculty Position in Mathematics
Location : Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posted : 21 Jun 2022
End of advertisement period : 19 Aug 2022
Academic Discipline : Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type : Fixed Term
Hours : Full Time
The Department of Mathematics And Sciences is seeking applicants with the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor for the upcoming Academic Year 2022/2023, which starts in August 2022.
The candidate is expected to teach university-level Mathematics courses.
The Position Requires:
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics or a relevant area.
- Research experience is a plus and comes out in alignment with university policy.
- Cross-cultural and social competence, flexibility and open-mindness
- A minimum of two years teaching experience.
About The Department Of Mathematics And Sciences:
The Department of Mathematics and Sciences is committed to offering high-quality education in the mathematics and sciences field, to enhance the students' logical thinking and analytical skills.The department supports research in different scientific disciplines with distinct societal and scientific impacts.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and evAluation (NCAAA). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply with a cover letter to: Recruitment office Email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.