College At Lincoln Center Dean
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Lab Coordinator, a 12-month position, supports the Department of Natural Sciences and reports to the Lab Manager. The Coordinator organizes and manages all elements of the Core Science and General Physics lab classes for undergraduate students at Fordham College Lincoln Center (FCLC) and the School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS).
- Oversees the smooth operation of approximately 18 Core Science labs and 6 Gen Physics labs per semester. Each of the Core Science classes (Physical Science: Today’s World, Physical Science: Past/Present, Human Function & Dysfunction, People and the Living Environment, and Health & Disease) are accompanied by four labs (three experimental and one field or museum trip).
- Examples of experimental labs for the physical science core classes include Dispersion, Color Observation, and Emission of Light; Thermodynamics: Calorimetry; Electrochemistry; Organic Microchemistry; examples of experimental labs for the life science core classes include Food Analysis; DNA Fingerprinting; and Human Vision.
- Manages approximately 18 science labs during the summer sessions supporting approximately 430 students.
- Creates, updates, and distributes supplemental materials including videos and handouts for each lab as necessary.
- Prepares lab consumables including gels, unknowns, glassware, etc. for the 60+ experimental labs offered in multiple classes of 20-24 students per semester and over both summer sessions
- Maintains consistent inventory of lab supplies, organizes, and occasionally places supply orders as needed; updates and replenishes chemical inventory and core lab supplies for Natural Science Department over summer months.
- Prepares and updates supplies required for all labs.
- Manages the daily schedule for Core Science and General Physics lab classes in the limited number of available teaching labs.
- Maintains a list of all properly disposed of chemical inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science
- Independent, proactive approach to responsibilities and planning
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent judgment, diplomacy, and discretion necessary in handling confidential and/or sensitive materials
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Master’s Degree
- Minimum two (2) years of research experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Banner
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3181
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories