University Tutor, Economics
Vacancy ID: 016322
Closing Date: 03-Jul-2022
The University Tutor plays an important role in the delivery of many of the University’s academic programmes and is appointed for the primary purpose of contributing to teaching within a clear and established teaching programme by providing tuition and/or demonstrations to groups of, usually undergraduate students, in specific aspects of the programme. The primary role of the University Tutor is to support students’ learning to develop their understanding of key course topics and to draw out key learning points from course materials.
Main duties and responsibilities
The University Tutor will be required to undertake to the satisfaction of the designated Head of School, such duties as may be specified by the University within the number of hours of contracted work.
These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To teach students, including seminars, tutorials, conversation classes and to provide laboratory supervision as required,
- To carry out all necessary preparation on topics in order, to be able to guide discussion, impart knowledge and answer queries arising from students, set exercises, or learning materials
- To supervise, assist and give guidance to students, where required
- To coordinate modules and liaise with students about any issues related to modules
- To contribute to marking, under supervision, of coursework, written examination, and other forms of assessment and to contribute to proctoring examinations
- To monitor student progress and provide feedback to students, highlighting to the Course Organiser any concerns about student performance
- To attend meetings and participate with other staff in the development of alternative teaching and learning strategies, including the design and delivery of modules or designated teaching within the subject area
- To be responsible for all equipment used and ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed, taking action to maintain a safe environment, and raising any concerns with the Head of School (or his or her nominee)
- To maintain his/her area of expertise and exercise a high standard of teaching.
University Tutor (2022) Salary Scale: €38,352 - €49,552 (7 points)
23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Sunday, July 3, 2022.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified above. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Maynooth University is an equal opportunities employer
The position is subject to the Statutes of the University