Position: Director of Programs
Location: Remote with 10 - 20% travel
PowerMyLearning' mission is to advance educational equity nationwide by activating the power of collaboration between teachers, students, and families - what we call the "Triangle Approach." We partner with schools and systems across the country that collectively serve more than 45,000 K-12 students. Our programs are comprised of professional development for educators, workshops for families, and our award-winning education technology innovation, Family Playlists®. With a growing amount of evidence that the Triangle Approach increases student achievement and SEL skills, we know that our collective efforts to accelerate learning must address the needs of the whole child and include families so we can reverse the systematic denial of educational opportunity based on race, class, language, and learning differences.
PowerMyLearning is a nonprofit that operates with a fully remote, nationwide team. To learn more, visit www.PowerMyLearning.org.
The Director of Programs (DOP) is an exciting position at PowerMyLearning that will be responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of PowerMyLearning's programs in the New York City and National regions. With the strong evidence of impact that we have demonstrated, and a recent Education Innovation & Research (EIR) grant awarded by the US Department of Education, PowerMyLearning is poised to grow significantly in reach and influence over the next three years.
We are seeking a leader who is inspiring, proactive, and collaborative to join us in this role. The DOP will report to the Managing Director, Programs (MDP) and will work closely with the Executive Director, NYC to meet our implementation goals. The DOP will be a member of PowerMyLearning's Leadership Team and play a role in driving the organization's cultural development. The DOP will have 4 direct reports, all of whom are responsible for working directly with teachers or families in our partner schools. The DOP will expand their team as our partnerships in these regions grow.
Manage School and District Partnerships in NYC and Nationally
- Articulate program vision and value to the leadership in partner schools and districts
- Share outcomes with leadership and ensure a high satisfaction level
- Develop strong relationships with school and district leaders and learn about their felt needs
Lead a High-Performing Program Team to Yield Outstanding Results
- Lead team responsible for PowerMyLearning's direct work with families, students, and teachers, ensuring that all program components are implemented with a high level of quality and fidelity
- Cultivate, hire, and manage a high-performing team to achieve ambitious goals
- Build a strong, outcomes-focused performance culture that embraces PowerMyLearning's Values
Support Sustainability and Program Improvement
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in funder meetings and meetings to recruit new partner schools and districts
- Showcase the best of our work by executing strong site visits for funders, and by cultivating champions at the leadership, teacher, and family level who can speak about the positive impact of our partnership
- Gather and accurately report program data to PowerMyLearning's Research Department and provide input to PowerMyLearning's Program Development team based that can inform program improvements.
Other duties as necessary
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission
- At least 2 years of experience as a classroom teacher
- At least 2 years of experience overseeing or leading professional development of teachers
- At least 3 years of experience in program management, including management of full-time staff
- Experience managing external partnerships
- Experience working with underserved public schools and/or districts
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Proven ability to motivate a team to meet high expectations
- Positive attitude and demonstrated capacity to embody PowerMyLearning's Values
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to set priorities for self, team, and peers, and adjust when priorities change
- Ability to manage up effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience at the district level
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Relevant master's degree
OUR VALUES AND HIRING PHILOSOPHY
PowerMyLearning strives to embody our core values: Strengthen Relationships, Embrace Learning, Advance Equity, and Embody Humility.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization in which we give voice to, and meet the needs of, the teachers, families, and students we serve. PowerMyLearning encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, especially people of color and members of other historically marginalized groups.
PowerMyLearning is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
We encourage applications from people with unusual career paths and diverse experiences. Even if you haven't had a similar role before, we welcome you to apply!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive salary of $100,000. PowerMyLearning also offers medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employee contribution.
Qualified candidates can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. To get started, fill out our quick application on the right.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.