Job TitleNursing Faculty - Adjunct - Medical Surgical Nursing
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and regionally accredited institution committed to higher education excellence and focused on academic and professional success. Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
Purpose of Job
Pittsburgh Technical College is looking for an experienced individual to teach coursework in the School of Education as a primary job function. This faculty position will focus on:
- Teach coursework in the Nursing Programs.
- To provide training and student support to produce graduates who meet entry-level employment criteria for positions in the Nursing field.
Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution is preferred. Candidates who hold a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) AND who are currently enrolled in an accredited Master of Science Nursing Program will be considered.
State Teaching Certification not required.
Current Pennsylvania Nursing License required.
- Minimum of four years full-time work experience in Nursing, Healthcare, or Nurse Education.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to teach one of the following theory courses and/or clinical courses which address the following content areas:
- Introductory & Fundamentals in Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Transitions to Nursing Practice
- Specialty areas include:
- Obstetrics, Pediatrics, and Psychiatric Nursing
- Teach and support curriculum and assessment initiatives in both on campus and online courses
- Collaborate with academic leadership and program faculty to deliver course learning materials, assessments, and competencies to students
- Support students with achieving course competencies through scheduled course time, office hours, and feedback
- Grade student assessments and record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Student Information System (SIS).
Pittsburgh Technical College (hereinafter “PTC”) will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with known disabilities if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship and/or a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the individual or others.
For additional information regarding PTC’s disability accommodation, please email email@example.com
Other Job Information
- Must pass criminal background check prior to starting position.
- If teaching in the clinical setting, must complete physical exam and any other requirements in the assigned clinical setting.
- Compensation is based on scheduled class hours and includes:
Compensation for adjunct positions includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
· Instructional time (based on 55-hour, 44-hour or 33- hour schedule)
· Preparation time
· Office hours and other formal and informal interaction with the students, i.e. telephone, email
· Three hours per quarter of faculty meetings/in-service training
· Eight hours of pre-service training is provided by the Center for Teaching and Learning Department.
PTC strongly recommends, but does not require, COVID vaccinations for new hires
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:
PTC is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all positions. PTC believes that the gathering and celebration of unique experiences, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace. Our mission is to champion a community of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in a spirit of civility.
DISABILITY ACCOMODATION STATEMENT:
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position at PTC
, please give us a call at 412-809-5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC
) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA
does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students with qualifying disabilities. PTC
will provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Hours will vary based on assigned course(s) being taught and schedule during an 10-week quarter
- Equipment used includes desktop or laptop with Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work generally performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Starting Pay Rate$55.00 per class hour
Full Time/Part TimePart Time
Job Open Date06/09/2022
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions Summary
You are required to answer all the application screening questions for consideration.