Financial Aid Loan Specialist (Part-time)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Financial Aid Loan Specialist (Part-time)
Job Code: 10514
Campus Location: Augusta Campus
Salary: Commensurate with education and work experience.
The Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for performing professional and administrative duties associated with the delivery of student financial aid services.
- Responsible for the administration of all private loan programs.
- Responsible for running the electronic and manual Banner processes for private loans. Ensures that all loan requests are processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the execution of the electronic funds transfers (EFT) and disbursements of loan programs.
- Ensures that disbursements are made to students within the required regulatory timeframe.
- Ensures that EFTs are posted to the student’s account within three business days.
- Responsible for developing and implementing loan policies and procedures and monitors adherence to same in collaboration with the Director of Financial Aid.
- Ensures that all loans are processed in accordance with federal regulations.
- Ensures that all loans are processed in accordance with student eligibility criteria. Ensures that loan refunds are returned to the U. S. Department of Education within the required time limit in collaboration with the
- Business Office. Responsible for providing guidance to students/parents regarding loan program requirements. Participates in customer service activities as needed for walk-ins and telephones.
- Participates in financial presentations and seminars as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of financial aid programs, excellent human relations skills, the use of sound judgment and efficiency are required. Effective communication skills are a must.
An Associate’s degree in Business or a closely related field from an accredited private or public postsecondary college or university.
One year part-time or full-time educational, business, industry, or military work experience within the last three years. Experience must include direct customer service experience and a working knowledge of the Banner Student Financial Aid system. Processing direct student loans experience is preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain open until filled. All applications packets MUST be completed via the Online Job Center at JobCenter (easyhrweb.com). As a part of the application process, interested candidates will be required to upload other documents including a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts (see job center listing for more details). This posting will be removed from the Online Job Center once the position has been filled. All positions require a pre-employment criminal background investigation, education, and employer/professional reference checks. Some positions may additionally require a motor vehicle record search, credit history check, fingerprinting, and/or drug screen. All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Copies of all transcripts should be submitted at the time of application. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.