Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Chemical Engineering
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last 10 years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 24th in the region in THE Arab University Rankings 2021.
The College of Engineering and Technology (CoET) at AUM is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. CoET aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering for engineering students and in technology for technology students with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social, and economic development.
AUM College of Engineering and Technology is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for its Chemical Engineering Department.
The applicants must have a doctorate or equivalent in the relevant field with a demonstrated excellence in teaching and research with a publication track record in indexed journals. Experience in industry is a plus for this position.
Faculty members will be committed to AUM’s mission and its learner-centered approach by:
- Being involved in teaching activities related to specialization courses and other common courses relevant to the applicant educational and/or professional background
- Significantly contributing to the advancement of the research activities
- Passionately supporting the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality
Specific teaching and research interests for the position(s)
In addition to the above requirements, successful applicants should demonstrate teaching experience and research interest in at least one of the following topics:
- Renewable Energy
- Water treatment
- Nanotechnology applications
- Process modeling and Simulation
- Any other research areas related to chemical engineering
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo
- Copies diplomas or certificates
- Recommendation letters, if available
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.