MBA Admissions seeks a member of the MBA Admissions Marketing team working on outreach and yield efforts to further the HBS mission of educating leaders who make a difference in the world. Specifically, this position is responsible for driving qualified applications to the MBA Admissions programs targeting current college students. Responsibilities include managing the execution and analysis of a multi-channel marketing plan to promote the various programs and working with HBS alumni and current students as well as representatives from colleges and universities. We seek someone with good judgment, strong communication and interpersonal skills to play a key role on a fun, high-performing team.
- Assist in the creation of an outreach strategy to reach a diverse set of college students both in person and through virtual mediums to promote Peek, SVMP and 2+2. This includes identifying key campus contacts and organizations to ensure the right audience at the information sessions.
- Travel to and/or present virtually to colleges/universities to promote the programs targeting college students.
- Presenting compelling presentations at numerous college fairs and conferences.
- Oversee management of the college outreach budget and strategic deployment of resources including coordination of presenters.
- Manage yield activities and communications focused on the 2+2 admitted student cohort.
- Plan the Peek program for college students including coordinating the promotion, budget and staffing for the event.
- Liaise with the HBS faculty, staff and campus services to execute the programming.
- Manage the campus visit program for groups mainly visiting from universities.
- Serve as technical lead for webinar execution and the post production process.
- Manage the internship program for the outreach team including hiring, on boarding and managing interns across the year.
- Serve in an evaluation role for application processes to College Programs.
- Serve as a Relationship Manager for admitted students to help them make connections and answer questions as they consider their offer.
- Manage the outreach and yield efforts for a segment of the prospect and admit groups.
- Help with the creation of presentation materials for MBA Admissions outreach and yield efforts.
- Host on campus, off campus and virtual MBA Admissions presentations to support overall outreach efforts.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of prior work experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills
- Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting in front of groups of all different sizes.
- Working knowledge of and experience with online communities and channels required.
- Significant travel, including potential international travel, is required.
- Must enjoy personal autonomy within the culture of a closely knit department.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking as this is a key component of the role.
- Strong strategic, analytical, creative problem solving, and project management skills a must.
- Proficiency working with Powerpoint, Zoom, Handshake and Slate.
This role is offered as a hybrid (some combination of onsite and remote) where you are required to be onsite at our Boston, MA based campus 3 days per week. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. Please note that we will be conducting interviews virtually (phone and or Zoom) for selected candidates until further notice.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. Explore more about HBS work culture here https://www.hbs.edu/employment .
USA - MA - Boston
405012 Admin Professional (N)
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.