Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We’re proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Play a central role at HCC as you keep our everyday operations running like clockwork. You’ll get the chance to make things happen and work closely with inspiring leaders across different parts of the institution. Whether your role is supportive, administrative, financial or something else, you’ll be part of a dynamic team that not only provides HCC students with cutting-edge academic and career tools, it also takes care of its people.
We are currently seeking a Instructional Support Specialist who will advance the institution’s proud tradition of excellence in academics, student life and community service.
You: You enjoy working in a busy hub of activity, and you’re looking for a role that encompasses variety, a fast pace and the chance to help students every day.
Your mission: Support faculty in the delivery of specialized distance education (DE) courses.
A typical day: With such a broad range of responsibility, a “typical” day doesn’t exist. You’ll be doing a bit of everything, from managing databases to preparing student tests; from screening visitors and answering phone calls to assisting with the help desk; and from proctoring exams to grading quizzes and exams.
Next steps: If this sounds like the role you’ve been looking for, we’ve been looking for you! Your next step should be to apply for this position today.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
• Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City’s 55.
• 145 languages are spoken here.
• Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
• Houston is a major-league sports town, and don’t forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
• The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
• World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate health care system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation’s top institutions.
• With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston’s cultural scene.
• Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you’re ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and gender expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.