Postdoctoral Fellow, West Philly Promise Neighborhood
Apply now Job no: 498529
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, Dornsife School of Public Health
The Urban Health Collaborative at the Dornsife School of Public Health is seeking a postdoctoral fellow interested in the social determinants of health, places and health, and urban health more broadly, including applying community-based participatory research approaches to urban health inequities.
The fellow will work primarily on a large, multi-sectoral, data systems project as part of the US Department of Education-funded Promise Neighborhoods grant in West Philadelphia. The goal of the West Philly Promise Neighborhood is to improve the educational and developmental outcomes of children in West Philadelphia by providing a system of educational, health, economic, and social supports for children and their families and communities. The fellow will also have the opportunity to collaborate with faculty at the Dornsife School of Public Health engaged in a range of community-led interventions throughout Philadelphia, focused on providing baseline data for decision-making and designing and conducting mixed methods intervention evaluations, as well as evaluating the impacts of academic-community research partnerships and infrastructure. Although the fellowship will focus on analyses and manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications, there will be opportunities to also produce brief reports for broader dissemination to multiple community and policymaker audiences.
- Conducting data analyses and writing papers as lead or co-author
- Presenting results at scientific meetings developing new research ideas
- Actively participating in collaborative research seminar meetings
- Writing brief reports for dissemination to multiple community and policymaker audiences
- Participating in writing grant funding applications
- PhD or equivalent training in epidemiology, sociology, demography, social and behavioral sciences, biostatistics, or other related public health or social science fields
- Strong quantitative and writing skills
- Experience conducting multilevel, longitudinal, and spatial analyses; integrating data from multiple sources; and/or survey design and analysis is desirable
- We are also seeking candidates with experience or interest in community health
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City- Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: May 24 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend