Senior Analyst/Finance Technology
Controllers Office, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The IT/Finance Systems Analyst is responsible for managing custom and third-party software for the administrative and academic departments of the University. The position reports into the Information Technology Department, but supports the Office of Finance exclusively. The position works closely with functional teams, and vendors to provide strategic and technical support and management of Finance applications. This position will independently perform a full range of responsibilities including analyzing diverse problems and determining solutions and understanding and applying industry best practices. This position provides a variety of IT services including technical analysis, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the Banner system, other enterprise software systems, and databases. Assignments may include reviewing vendor upgrades/patches, investigating new vendor software or product issues, maintaining a change management process, production support, and technical documentation. Additionally, this position must maintain effective communication and project planning across technical and functional teams that support the University’s business systems. This role requires an experienced professional to develop an in-depth understanding of our software portfolio, manage installations and upgrades, and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved and facilitates optimal solutions by working with vendors, business partners, and other information technology professionals.
- Manages, develops, and executes plans for ad-hoc projects related to financial systems and related business processes; both internal and external.
- Analyzes current business processes/scenarios and provides recommendations to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with the various groups within Finance to manage expectations and at the same assist with troubleshooting of day-to-day system issues and problems.
- Ensures tables, chart of accounts, and reporting trees are up to date and properly maintained.
- Assists with any ad hoc reporting help.
- Effectively resolves complex financial application process problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the problems and employing appropriate strategies for resolution.
- Assists in designing and implementing conversions, upgrades, installation, and configuration plans.
- Promotes the uniformity of the Finance department’s work product by overseeing the creation and maintenance of internal documentation and standards and ensuring those standards are followed.
- Coordinates and manages disaster prevention and recovery and business continuity efforts.
- Performs other special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field
- Five years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Banner, Chrome River, Concur, Hyland, Jaggaer, IBM Planning Analytics a plus.
- Experience in the design and programming of computer applications. (reporting & analytics)
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases.
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making and upholds the highest levels of ethics and integrity.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Some training in finance or accounting.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3025
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories