A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID
-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs. FAQ
Job TitleHost/Hostess, Part Time - Morris Inn (2 Positions)
The University of Notre Dame Enterprises and Events (UEE) division is currently hiring for the position of Host(s) within The Morris Inn. The UEE division leads the University’s event management, hospitality, and customer service functions while supporting student life, academic endeavors, and research initiatives.
Why this position?
Morris Inn needs YOU to join our team as a host. Help us welcome, and greet our guests! In addition to greeting guests, your job as a host will include:
- Information gathering for the front and back of house team members and also for the guest seating guests to optimize the dining experience, pacing of the service team, and the optimal use of the dining room.
- Menu presentation and communicating with server to seated table
- Answering phones according to service standards – and ask A LOT OF questions!
- Documenting details in guests reservation’s account (OpenTable)
- Coat Check / Luggage / Guest Package Assistance
- Reservation Confirmation with Guests
- Update Guest Experience Profile
- Execute all guest interactions with a joy for serving others- all while demonstrating professionalism, job knowledge, grace, respect, and friendliness.
UEE Commitments to a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To treat every person with dignity and respect
To value our cultural differences
To harness the strength of our diversity
To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another
This position is with University Enterprises and Events at the University of Notre Dame and is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus (1/2 paid at 90 and 180 days of continuous employment). Candidates are only eligible if they are a new employee to the University – current Notre Dame employees who transfer are not eligible. Other rules and conditions apply.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during the shift
- Previous host/hostess experience
- Excellent phone skills and dictation
DepartmentMorris Inn (55015)
Family / Sub-FamilyAuxiliary Svcs / Food Svcs
Career Stream/LevelNIC 1 Assistant
Department Hiring Pay Range$13.50/hr
FLSA StatusS4 - PT Non-exempt Hourly
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)03/15/2022
Job Posting Date (Public)03/15/2022
Job Closing Date06/03/2022
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/25289