A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID
-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs. FAQ
Job TitleBanquet Server - Morris Inn, Part Time (5 Positions)
The University of Notre Dame Enterprises and Events (UEE) division is currently hiring for the position of Banquet Server at The Morris Inn. The UEE division leads the University’s event management, hospitality, and customer service functions while supporting student life, academic endeavors, and research initiatives.
Why this position?
As a Banquet Server at The Morris Inn, you will be a part of a team that provides professional service to banquet guests. The Morris Inn is a AAA 4 Diamond Hotel and sits at the heart of Notre Dame’s storied campus. It continues to be the “living room” of the University of Notre Dame where guests will find the perfect atmosphere in which to enjoy a business lunch, family gathering, special occasion or a casual meal.
A typical day includes:
• Assist with set-up and tear down of banquet events. Prepare table service for functions as per direction of lead banquet server, following written specifications provided by banquet department.
• Professionally serve banquet functions, serving food, pouring beverages, and handling special requests of guests in accordance with the Morris Inn methods and service standards. Take cocktail orders and pass hors d’oeuvres when required.
• Follow verbal & written duties which may be assigned by supervisor or banquet manager.
• Display a courteous, helpful, and professional manner when greeting and providing assistance to guests of the hotel and conference center following the Four Diamond guidelines and standards of the Morris Inn.
UEE Commitments to a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To treat every person with dignity and respect
To value our cultural differences
To harness the strength of our diversity
To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another
This position is with University Enterprises and Events at the University of Notre Dame and is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus (1/2 paid at 90 and 180 days of continuous employment). Candidates are only eligible if they are a new employee to the University – current Notre Dame employees who transfer are not eligible. Other rules and conditions apply.
• Must have ability to bend, walk and be on feet for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to be flexible/adjust to building and guest needs
• Must have excellent communication/listening skills and high standards of cleanliness
• Excellent customer service and organizational skills
• Previous banquet experience (fine dining) is preferred.
• Ability to obtain Indiana Liquor License and complete mandatory departmental hospitality training & skill development
DepartmentMorris Inn (55015)
Family / Sub-FamilyAuxiliary Svcs / Food Svcs
Career Stream/LevelNIC 1 Assistant
Department Hiring Pay Range$15/hr + gratuity
FLSA StatusS4 - PT Non-exempt Hourly
Schedule: Hours/WeekVaries, includes nights, weekends and holidays
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)03/25/2022
Job Posting Date (Public)03/25/2022
Job Closing Date05/25/2022
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/25448