Job ID: 43469
Location: VP for Research
Master's degree in a related field and five years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EG salary minimum $48,421, midpoint $66,269, maximum $85,798.Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or public administration.
- Experience in central research administration and departmental administration in an institution of higher education.
Develop and implement two research support programs under the Office of Research and Innovation; 1) the NIH-NRSA infrastructure support program and 2) the Postdoctoral Scholar support program. Develop the infrastructure to support these critical programs and manage all financial and administrative functions of these programs. Facilitate the development of NIH-NRSA budgets and application materials, coordinate NIH-NRSA personnel/HR activity, monitor and report on NIH-NRSA activity, expenditures and compliance, and provide NIH-NRSA funded investigators with regular financial and programmatic updates. Facilitate professional development opportunities with postdoctoral scholars and their mentors and administer a high quality postdoc support program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Develop and implement campus level programs to support investigators involved in NIH-NRSA funded activities and postdoctoral scholar success.
- Manage and direct NIH-NRSA grants, including Research Training Grants (T32/T35) and Individual Fellowship Awards (F31/F32) in collaboration with Principal Investigators, departmental administrators, and OSPA. NIH-NRSA program management duties include:
- Understanding and implementing NIH-NRSA requirements, policies and procedures,
- Directing the onboarding of new trainees and submitting and approving required documentation.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for NIH-NRSA grants and direct additional financial and administrative processes (travel arrangements, cost share commitments, tuition, financial reporting and invoicing),
- Develop Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) for NIH-NRSA programs.
- Supervise staff (as applicable) to ensure effective administration and compliance of NIH-NRSA programs.
- Develop and manage the university postdoctoral scholar support program. Provide day to day leadership of the postdoc support program in close coordination with the Director of Research Academic Programs; assist the Director with establishing the goals of the program and develop operational and administrative policies and procedures.
- Analyze, update, and maintain postdoc, department/discipline, and mentor records, including the management of tracking systems and immigration records.
- Coordinate and manage meetings with the postdoctoral advisory task force and with the U of L chapter of the National Postdoc Association. Coordinate communications and scheduling of postdoctoral professional development sessions.
- Coordinate and manage special projects or other duties as assigned by the Director of Research Academic Programs or the Assistant Director of Sponsored Programs Administration.
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.