Job TitleFront Desk Receptionist/Clerical Assistant, Duke Street North
DepartmentBusiness And Entrepreneurship
1. High School Diploma
2. Working knowledge of front desk/receptionist responsibilities to include but not limited to: interoffice mail incoming and outgoing
3. Competence in oral and written communication skills.
4. Competence in using computer and communications technology such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
5. Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity to the needs and expectations of students and colleagues.
6. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
This position’s primary responsibilities will include but not limited to: Managing the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image answering multi-line switchboard, greeting students, visitors, and guests. Organizing front desk office and surrounding common areas at the DSN campus.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in education particularly in the allied health f& service area field. Must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy office. Excellent interpersonal skills, pleasant phone manner, typing ability (data entry), and strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
This position requires commitment to a “team philosophy” and an understanding of the importance of maintaining a professional and effective department.
1. Answer and disseminate multi-line calls and inquiries pertaining to Continuing Education allied health and nurse aide classes and programs.
2. Greet students, visitors, and guests in a professional manner always.
3. Distribute mail to appropriate staff/faculty on campus.
4. Stay abreast of the new courses and programs at DSN campus
5. Assist Program Specialist and/or Administrative Assistant in the production of computer-generated documents such as attendance rosters and final grade rosters as needed.
6. Maintain objectivity and confidentiality in handling departmental and institutional information, especially information relative to departmental personnel.
7. Process and check-in office supplies, furniture, and office equipment, that comes into the site.
8. Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
9. Manage classroom reservations and organize all aspects for classroom meetings
10. Serve as point person for organizing all large meetings and mailings
11. Update various spreadsheets and other general administrative duties as needed.
12. Assist in other related clerical duties as needed
Required Working HoursThis position will work 16 hours per week, Monday -Thursday usually from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Job TypePart Time Staff