If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Assist with the organization and management of sponsored research projects
- Assist with inception of related research protocols and help guide them through to study completion
- Obtain IACUC and IRB approvals, grant application, and animal and human subject research
- Maintain research records in accordance with, Federal, State and University of Miami policies & procedures
- Assist with audits from internal and external agencies to include the University of Miami - Office of Research Compliance, Industry Regulatory Officials
- Assist with protocols, and manuscript preparations and extensions related to awards in Plastic Reconstructive and Breast Surgery
- Aid in recording, entering, and organizing data and the analysis of data collection
- Perform procedures associated with research protocols
- Help prepare PowerPoint research presentations and edit program content
- Collaborate with clinical research organizations and clinical sponsors including but not limited to: government agencies and other health care organizations
- Coordinate research meetings and attend educational conferences of the division
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual grant progress reports
- Develop hypotheses, establish databases, write grants and IRB proposals, collect and secure data, and perform analysis and manuscript writing
- Assist in establishing a basic science lab
- Other responsibilities as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with clinical staff and patients for the ethical conduct of human subject’s research
- Working knowledge of data management and analysis. *Preferred* experience with Electronic Medical Record systems and data management
- Candidate must be organized and able to work independently under the direction of a Principal Investigator
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Post Graduate (MD/DO degree required)
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- A minimum of 1-year Graduate Medical Education - Surgery
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.