Position TitlePublic Relations and Marketing Office, Student Worker
Lincoln Land Community College’s Public Relations and Marketing (PRM) department is seeking a student worker to assist in creating content for and posting to LLCC social media accounts and perform basic tasks supporting the daily functions of the office.
Student Workers will perform the following duties:
- Serve as social media student ambassador, creating and posting content to LLCC’s social media accounts with a special focus on Facebook stories, Instagram (including stories and reels), Snapchat and TikTok. Research trends and engage with prospective and current students through fun, informative and creative content including photos, videos and stories.
- Search for and pull photos and video clips for upcoming marketing and social media projects. Assist in naming and organizing files on the PRM server.
- Photograph campus events and classes for marketing and social media use, such as athletic, Student Life and recruitment events. Save photos to the PRM server.
- Compile and print weekly events schedule and post in campus display case.
- Maintain inventory of giveaway items, t-shirts and informational materials.
- Assist with filing in the PRM office.
- Assist with preparations and staffing of on-campus events as needed.
- Prepare recruitment/prospective student mailings and event materials for recruitment events as needed.
- Lead campus tours for prospective students as needed.
- Proof documents and publications for grammar, clarity and AP style.
- Assist with other PRM office duties as assigned.
All LLCC Student Workers have the following institutional responsibilities:
- Uphold LLCC’s mission, as well as certain standards of conduct within the College and in dealings with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Responsible for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other regulations with regard to confidentiality of and access to student and other institutional records.
Student Workers will be paid minimum wage and will be scheduled to work 10-15 hours per week, flexible hours Monday through Friday, at the main campus.
Requirements include the following:
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) during the semester of employment, with the exception of summer term
- Complete LLCC’s mandatory harassment prevention training within 30 days of employment
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Familiarity with social media, specifically Instagram, Instagram stories and reels, Snapchat and TikTok (training on best practices and accessibility provided)
- Creative thinker; familiar with latest social media trends and how to engage students
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional, courteous and enthusiastic about LLCC
- Knowledge of AP writing style (training provided)
- Will be expected to develop detailed knowledge of LLCC
If working with minors, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Open Until FilledYes