Facilities Technician- Full and/or Part Time (50% -100%)
Position Title: Facilities Technician
Classification: Facilities Technician I
Status (exempt/non-exempt): Non-exempt
Salary/Grade: $15.11-15.72 per hour
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Safety
Annual/Academic year: Annual 12 months
Benefits and Insurances
- Employer premium support for Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Optional employee paid insurance - life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- Paid time off – vacation, personal hours, sick
- Paid holidays
- Oregon PERS retirement
- Tuition waivers
- Oregon Coast Community College (OCCC) is shaping the future of higher education in Lincoln County.
In support of our mission, all OCCC employees demonstrate commitment to:
- Participation in cross-functional collaboration across the College.
- Continuous improvement.
- Understanding that student success is at the center of every staff position at the College.
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset and propensity to “see what is possible.”
- Exhibit collegiality and respect for everyone.
- Being excited about and committed to advancing OCCC’s future: enabling student success, eliminating achievement gaps, growth to meet community needs, and a great place to work
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager and the lead of the Facilities Lead, this position is responsible for maintaining clean and orderly building environments at the College’s three locations. This position works independently and may work nights, weekends and holidays.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans, dusts and polishes lighting fixtures, horizontal and vertical surfaces, pipes, screens and handrails
- Cleans classrooms, offices, hallways, common areas, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways and other work areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes hard floor surfaces
- Cleans or vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and window coverings (blinds, etc.)
- Polishes metalwork and dusts furniture and equipment
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, sills, and door panels
- Empties waste baskets and recycling bins
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area
- Replenishes restroom supplies
- Set Up Event
- Sets up tables, chairs and equipment in a variety of settings for special events and normal campus activities
Facilities Related Activities
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments and /or campus locations
Other duties as assigned.
The list of essential functions is intended to be representative of the tasks performed by this position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
SUPERVISES THE FOLLOWING STAFF
This position does not supervise but may direct the work of student workers
- One-year work experience in facilities and/or custodial related position
- Any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform the essential job functions
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Microsoft software competent
- 2+ years’ work experience in facilities and/or custodial related position
- Proficiency with Microsoft software
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualifications:
- Must have knowledge of standard custodial practices, procedures and techniques.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of standard equipment, tools, solvents, disinfectants, detergents, and polishing agents that are customarily used for purposes of building cleaning and maintenance.
- Must understand and be able to apply safe work practices.
- Must pass a criminal background screen.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Must be able to work independently.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk distances; use hands and finger to handle, or operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is required to have the ability to talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift, and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds, climb and work from ladders, stand for long periods of time and operate machinery.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust to distances and focus at various distances.
The position may require frequent bending, stooping and walking.
Work is both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions.
There is also exposure to dust and harsh chemicals that if not handled properly may present a health hazard.
The position involves shift work and duties may require travel between College locations.
The use of tobacco and smoke-emitting materials and devices including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited on all of the college’s campuses, including OCCC’s building exteriors and parking lots.
Oregon Coast Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage applications from persons with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
In support of Oregon Veterans Preference in Public Employment, we encourage veterans and veterans with disabilities to explore employment opportunities at Oregon Coast Community College.
All positions at Oregon Coast Community College are required to be available for work onsite as requested by the college. Employees must maintain Oregon residency as a condition of employment.
Federal law prohibits the College from employing an individual who has not provided documentation for verification by the third day of employment.
Contact Human Resources if you need assistance and/or an accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 541-867-8515.
Notice of Affirmative Action Policy
It is the policy of Oregon Coast Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or family relationship (ORS 659.340), in admission and access to, or treatment in, employment, educational programs, or activity as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and their implementing regulations.