Data Analyst Assoc
The Data Analyst Associate in the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences is responsible for the entry, storage, maintenance, and security of data related projects for the unit. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Academic Services, this position will utilize university data warehouses to collect and report relevant raw data related to areas such as research, grants, academic inquiry, educational resource distribution, academic scheduling, scholarships, faculty performance reviews, and academic evaluation. This position must have a comfort level with Excel as a primary reporting method of data. Additionally, this position, creates and maintains the academic schedule for the unit in conjunction with faculty leadership and manages departmental space allocations.
School of Math & Stat Sciences
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$50,000-$54,000 per year; DOE
- Utilize ASU data warehouse and university Business Intelligence (BI) tools (Analytics Websites, Alteryx, Report Builder, Tableau, etc.) to develop queries, analysis, and reports as directed to inform department research, grants, academic inquiry as directed by SoMSS faculty, educational resources, course scheduling, enrollment planning, scholarships, and the evaluation of departmental academic programs. Maintain and update the department’s internal database of enrollment, grade and evaluation data
- Utilize PeopleSoft, Astra, and Excel to build maintain the academic schedule of classes for the unit in each semester
- Collaborate with partners in The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences on enrollment planning for each semester.
- Create and maintain database and Astra reservation system for all departmental spaces (offices, department controlled classrooms, and meeting spaces)
- Provide oversight into a departmental system that reports on faculty teaching load, Teaching Assistant assignments and compensation, and overloads for each semester
- Collaborate with faculty and the campus bookstore on textbooks for each semester
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field; OR, Any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field and two years of experience utilizing and reporting on academic data OR, Any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Experience developing queries and utilizing databases to extract information using BI tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, R studio)
- Experience utilizing higher education and personnel management software such as Peoplesoft.
Work is performed in a standard office environment subject to prolonged period so sitting and manipulation of computer keyboard and associated peripheral/mouse.
The School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (SoMSS) at ASU is currently home to about 60 tenured or tenure-track faculty members, 60 instructional faculty, 5 postdoctoral associates, 190 graduate students, 750 undergraduate student majors, and 20 staff members. The School teaches courses to over 20,000 undergraduate students each academic year. SoMSS recently started a new undergraduate degree program in data science. The School also offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral programs in applied mathematics, mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education, as well as undergraduate and masters programs in actuarial science. SoMSS has a strong interdisciplinary research profile that includes numerous collaborations inside and outside the university, such as in the biological, environmental, medical, physical and social sciences, education, and multiple areas of engineering. More details can be found at math.asu.edu .
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.