The Adjunct Faculty is directly responsible for the delivery of the approved curricula to the students and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the university.
The Adjunct Faculty must satisfy the following minimum qualifications:
- Doctorally qualified to teach construction management courses ( for example, a PhD in Engineering Science with a Construction Management Concentration) according to the IACBE definition (see Appendix A)
- Be A.B.D. (has completed all course work required for a doctoral program, passed the general comprehensive examinations, but has not completed a dissertation) with a major, minor, or concentration in the construction management area
- Hold a master’s degree in the construction management field [for example, a Master of Science Construction Management degree or an MBA (Master of Business Administration) with a concentration in Construction Management] and have five or more years of professional experience in construction management. Also, must have extensive and substantial documented successful teaching experience in the area of assigned teaching responsibility, and demonstrate
Skills and Attributes
The Adjunct Faculty must possess the following skills and attributes: management and leadership skills; organizational and research skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong clinical and professional skills.
The Adjunct Faculty performs the following essential functions:
- Provides instruction and all aspects of teaching of approved curricula as outlined in the university’s master syllabus
- Recommends curriculum changes based on industry needs.
- Attends continuing education programs and seminars to maintain industry knowledge and skills.
- Works with program advisory committees as needed.
- Administers assessment instruments as requested by assessment director or academic dean
- Maintains accurate attendance and academic records for students.
- Participates in faculty meetings and in-service meetings.
- Participates in National American University school functions, i.e., graduations, honors ceremonies, etc., as often as possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time