Reporting to the Vice President of University Relations, the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Brand Management (AVPM), will oversee the planning, development and execution of the University’s marketing and brand initiatives with primary responsibility to shape the University’s brand strategy. In partnership with the VP of University Relations, the AVPM will work closely with the President, Provost, and Deans to create, brand strategies that will increase regional, national and international awareness of Hofstra University.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs the University’s efforts to enhance reputation and awareness with opinion and educational leaders nationally; works with the President, Provost and Deans on enhancing rankings and increasing outreach, through marketing, events and public and media relations.
- Partners with the Office of Admission to ensure the brand is incorporated into new strategies and tactics developed to support admission and institutional goals.
- Acts as publisher for the university website, overseeing design, function and content; integrating brand principles and ensuring best practices in organizational structure, search engine optimization, accessibility and interactivity are maintained
- Oversees a centralized team of 20 marketing, creative services, and public relations professionals, to include setting objectives, managing budgets, monitoring performance, and assessing outcomes.
- Works closely with constituent-based marketing professionals embedded in enrollment, development, athletics and Schools.
- Provides leadership for the development, implementation and analysis of social media strategies with a direct impact on the University brand, perception, marketing, recruitment and engagement goals. Executes campaigns that empower constituents to spread brand messages virally and increase the quality of fans, followers, champions, and ambassadors.
- Develops a compelling and impactful brand platform that positions the University to accomplish its strategic goals.
- Reviews, edits, and approves the University’s most visible and strategic marketing plans, marketing content, and marketing assets (including web, print, digital, radio, television) and ensure quality control, content appropriateness, tone, mission integration, brand platform alignment, and that target objectives are considered.
- Working with the University Relations business office, leads the University’s business activities related to trademarks, licensing, enforcement, compliance, and promotions to maximize revenue generation and visibility opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and manages a strategic media relations program targeted at enhancing the brand and reputation of the University, faculty and individual academic programs.
- Understands and analyzes marketplace trends, data, and models to develop strategy, including overall communications planning, marketing research, academic program development, public and outreach efforts.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with brand management, marketing and communication experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role with a hands-on collaborative style and a proven ability to supervise creative, communications and technical personnel; manage complex projects with deadlines, budgets and outside resources.
- Proven ability to develop a project from concept to completion, review the effectiveness of processes to ensure professional standards and high quality as well as the ability to implement brand and marketing strategies in the execution of video, social media and other interactive media projects.
- An excellent writer and storyteller with a collaborative style that demonstrates relationship building and consensus-building.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communications skills and compelling and impactful presentation abilities.
- Ability to motivate and inspire creative, communications, and marketing teams as well as colleagues, constituents, leaders, and outside partners.
- Experience brainstorming ideas and concepts for brand marketing campaigns and recommend solutions within the context of an institutional brand, communication, and marketing strategy.
- An understanding of creative (Adobe Creative Suite), survey and Office production, as well as digital marketing, monitoring, analytical and email software programs.
- Ability to work across the university, to assess the needs of internal clients and suggest appropriate programs and ideas to meet needs.
- Master’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working within higher education preferred.
Application Instructions: Resumes will be reviewed beginning May 20th. For consideration, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: UniversityRelations@hofstra.edu. Please indicate "AVP, Marketing & Brand Management" in the subject line. Voluntary Self-Identification All applicants are invited to complete the three (3) voluntary self-identification forms Deadline: Open until filled