Temp, Professional Tutor II - Math
Position Type : Education/Teaching/Administration
FLSA : Non-Exempt
About Ocean County College
For more than 50 years, Ocean County College, a public two-year college, has continued to provide value added higher education instruction to over 10,000 students annually. With more than 50 academic programs offering options for students to continue their studies and earn a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree through a variety of partnerships with several prominent colleges in New Jersey, the college continues to explore and expand new and innovative programs that can be completed on-line and on campus. Centrally located in Toms River, NJ, the campus spans over 275 beautiful acres within a coastal community that affords student, employees and area residents the opportunity to benefit from a variety of cultural, recreational, entertainment and educational enrichment amenities.
Information about the benefits provided to Ocean County College employees can be found at:
Please Note: At this time, the College does not provide work visa sponsorships. To be considered for employment at Ocean County College, applicants must be permitted to legally work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
This position provides tutorial assistance to students remotely online and/or onsite, in a variety of subject areas (writing, math, or science) and, in collaboration with other department staff, ensures that the appropriate level of service is provided to students.
List of Essential Activities
1. Tutors students remotely online and/or onsite in one or more of the following areas: writing, math, or science and/or directly related disciplines (based on the assignment), specific content courses, or study skills
2. Guides and supports student use of campus resources, technology, and appropriate study habits
3. Meets with Tutoring Resources staff to ensure appropriate level of services are offered
4. Maintains and updates the tutoring session logs, completing Conference Summaries as assigned
5. Attends training sessions provided by the College
6. Stays abreast of teaching methods, content materials and appropriate technologies
7. Completes projects or duties as assigned
1. Associate’s Degree or 60 college credits in English, Science or Mathematics or a directly related field (based on the tutoring discipline assigned)
2. 6 months tutoring experience (which may include peer tutoring)
3. Ability to tutor at the 200 course level and above in the discipline assigned
4. Ability to supply two References, one of which should be a written recommendation from a previous instructor/faculty member (if a student or recently graduated student)
5. Ability to work remote and/or onsite assignments as agreed upon.
1. One year of experience working in higher education.
ADA Selection Definitions ADA Selection Definitions
ADA Selection Light
Light Work: Involves frequent (defined as one to two thirds of the time) lifting of more than 10 to 25 pounds. Work performed requires a good deal of walking or standing, and may include some sedentary work and working conditions that include moderate noise levels related to the use of office equipment or machinery. May involve exposure to varying outside temperatures.
Hours "As Needed"
If other, please specify
A variety of hours on-site and/or remotely are available. Assignment of hours and locations will be made based on an individual’s availability.
Work Days : Mon - Fri
Duration Type : Temporary - "as needed basis" (weeks and earnings capped)
Duration of Employment
“As Needed” with total compensation under $5,000 annually.
EEO Statement Summary
Ocean County College is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Salary : $17.00/ hour
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number : TS386PT
Desired Start Date
Open Date : 05/11/2022
Close Date : 06/06/2022
Open Until Filled : No