Associate Professor / Assistant Professor for Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities
Location : Sonipat, India
Posted : 11 May 2022
End of advertisement period : 08 Jun 2022
Academic Discipline : Business & Economics, Business & Management, Economics & Econometrics
Job Type : Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : Full Time
About the University:
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher education. Located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India, JGU provides students a world-class education in a vibrant intellectual community. The university is host to 8000+ students, 900+ faculty members, and 500+ staff members representing 41 countries, across 11 multi-disciplinary Schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Government and Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Humanities, Journalism & Communication, Banking & Finance, Art & Architecture, Environment & Sustainability, Psychology & Counselling, Language and Literature and is establishing its twelfth school on Public Health and Human Development. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curriculum, global collaborations, global research and global programmes. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% of all universities in the World and in the Top 150 universities (under 50 years of age) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2021.JGU has been ranked among the “Top 700 universities in the World” in the QS World University Rankings 2022 and is also recognized as an “Institution of Eminence” by the Government of India.
The Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities (JSLH) is India’s First transnational humanities school. Founded in 2013, JSLH is the fifth school of the University and is at the centre of the vibrant intellectual life of JGU. The school provides an interdisciplinary liberal arts education of a global standard. The aim is to educate young adults to become informed citizens of the world who are best equipped to solve the complex problems of our times, approaching them from multiple perspectives and with creativity. Faculty chosen from some of the best institutions across the world facilitate rigorous classroom study combined with experiential learning. JSLH offer four different degree options i.e. B.A. (Hons.)Liberal Arts & Humanities, Bachelor of Fine Arts (Hons.), Post Graduate Diploma in Research and Innovation, B.A. (Hons.) in Sociology.
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) invites applications for faculty positions for International Business (IB)
The IB specialist would be expected to have eclectic interests within the field of International Business and the ability to design and deliver courses such as:
- Introduction to International Business
- Principles of Management
- Accounting Practice
- Global Economics
- International Marketing
- Global Business Strategy
- Global Business Operations
- Impact of the evolving technological environment on global business
- International Human Resource Management
- International Finance
These will map into pertinent interdisciplinary connections within the school including statistics, economics, history and political science, environmental studies amongst others.
We are hiring at all levels, including Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors who are willing to take up teaching and/or research assignment from Fall 2022.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants with Ph. D. (or equivalent) in Business, Management, Economics, or a related discipline, with relevant experience of teaching the above courses.
- A proven record of teaching in a University environment, with an enthusiastic approach to teaching international business and the ability to interact with students in ways that will enhance the student experience;
- Teaching that reflects professional development and engagement with the relevant discipline;
- The ability to use technology for enhanced learning;
- Experience of proactively developing new teaching approaches and materials;
- Experience of providing mentoring support and guidance to students;
- Evidence of proactive and scholarly academic engagement in the relevant academic activity;
- The ability to work across disciplines, establishing effective working relationships;
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Demonstrable creativity and the ability to inspire others.
Compensation & Benefits:
JGU is an equal opportunity employer and offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Apart from a competitive salary, JGU offers research benefits comparable to the top international universities, along with comprehensive health and accidental insurance coverage, accommodation on the university campus, staff development allowance, research grants, research rewards for publications and other benefits.
Application process is ongoing until the successful candidate is found
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching & research)
- At least two references with full contact details and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent)
Submit your applications to email@example.com