Mental Health Case Manager
The Mental Health Case Manager (MHCM) will serve as the case manager for pregnant women to increase prenatal and postpartum assess to mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) screening and treatment. MHCM will work closely with the patient, Primary Care Provider, Mental Health Provider and Health Educator to coordinate services and ensured that pregnant women have access to mental health services and SUD referrals. MHCM works with a multi-cultural population of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds, ages and levels of education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The MHCM is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Works as part of a team of health professionals with pregnant women to evaluate the need for mental health and/or SUD services during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Will conduct routine depression, anxiety and SUD screenings to assess the need for mental health and SUD services.
- Assist pregnant women with referrals to SUD treatment, if needed.
- Establishes contact with patients to track their progress and assist with treatment compliance.
- Communicates with the Primary Care Provider and Mental Health Provider to field patient questions regarding the treatment plan and to inform them of any medication side effects.
- Assists in coordinating appointments and in planning helpful activities for the patient.
- Initiate Behavioral Activation plans with patients.
- Updates patient files utilizing Electronic Health Records.
- Utilizes data analytics system to capture outcome measures.
- Prepares data outcomes reports, as requested.
- Interacts in a professional manner and works collaboratively Clinicas’ staff and patients.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, vendors and employees.
- May assist patients with mental illness, substance abuse problems and or/emotional disturbance.
- Performs other duties as assigned including participation in treatment team meetings and initial contact with patient to assist them in scheduling other health related appointments.
- Will be required to both capture and provide information that is of a sexual health nature which can involve family planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including participating in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or related field is required. Bilingual in English/Spanish is required. Must be experienced working with adolescent and adult patients in a Health or Mental Health setting. Must have experience providing case management. Proficiency with use of computers and basic programs is required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and have ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and proactively analyze and resolve problems. Experience with Electronic Health Record software strongly preferred. Must have reliable transportation, as may be required to rotate to various Health Centers as needed.
PHYSICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, COGNITIVE, AND SOCIAL REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Please indicate the frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job.
(Hours per day)
NEVER : 0 Hours
INTERMITTENT : 1 hour
OCCASIONAL : up to 3 hours
FREQUENT : 3-6 hours
CONSTANT : 6-8+ hours