Under the direction of the Instructor Coordinator and the Program Directors, adjunct faculty receive a one-semester appointment in teaching. Adjunct faculty members assess, plan, implement, and evaluate instruction for students in online and/or classroom settings in coordination with established course and program objectives.
The Keith Busse School of Business and Entrepreneurial Leadership is seeking adjunct faculty who are interested in teaching on-ground and online courses at the undergraduate level in the following subjects:
- Healthcare Administration
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Adheres to all applicable university academic and employment policies identified in the Employee and Faculty handbooks and academic catalogs
- Respects the moral and religious beliefs of the university and students; uses discretion when expressing personal beliefs and views
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Instructor Coordinator
About our ideal candidate
- PhD. or DBA within a business discipline preferred
- MBA (Master of Business Administration), MOL (Master’s in Organizational Leadership), or other Master’s Degree in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Prior post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Five years’ professional experience within the discipline preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of teaching pedagogy, instructional methods and assessment of student competency.
- Use of technology to strengthen the learning and assessment experience in higher education in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational skills necessary to plan, implement and evaluate educational activities to assure compliance with established learning outcomes and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all university constituents.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: One location