Bachelor's degree in related field and five years of related experience.� An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be substituted for the requirements noted.� Grade EH Salary minimum $56,064
Master's degree in related field.
Project management experience and/or Project Management Professional certification (PMP).
Web publishing experience and graphic design proficiency required. Advanced knowledge of design software, social media platforms, and Microsoft Suite.
Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
Superior knowledge of marketing and communications best practices.
Successful development and deployment of marketing plans.
Ability to work with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
The Marketing and Communications Director is a strategic planner who will lead, implement, and maintain the communications and marketing activities for the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD). This will include the management of the unit's media presence with its website, newsletters, social channels, emails, digital advertising, and other formats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the strategic communications and marketing activities for the CEHD.
- Direct and coordinate the design of marketing, communications, and public relations plans, materials, and projects, including story ideas, photography, and production.
- Provide counsel and support to the dean, department chairs, faculty, and staff about communications and marketing goals and strategies aligning with unit and university goals.
- Manage projects that support the university's integrated marketing and communications strategy, including those focused on student recruitment and enhancement of the image of the CEHD.
- Lead and coordinate the online presence of the CEHD, including the CEHD website, social media accounts, and other special web-based projects.
- Create and manage content for monthly newsletters, weekly communications, web content, promotional materials, and supporting documents for the CEHD's�website, social media, and other channels.
- Develop presentations, talking points, and other materials as needed for the dean.
- Help manage and optimize contributions from staff, faculty, and administration, including student, staff, and faculty profiles, recruitment documents, and promotional materials for events and other activities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of communications strategies and recommend changes for improvement.
- Assist with major functions and events in support of the Dean's Office as needed.
- Work with the CEHD and university advancement teams on awareness and fundraising campaigns.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.
How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button.� Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section.� Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.�
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process,�please contact us by�email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.