LocationSouthampton, United Kingdom
Salary : £25,627 to £30,497
Posted : 26 Apr 2022
End of advertisement period : 16 May 2022
Ref : 1724722NX-R
Job Type : Professional Services, Administrative
Contract Type : Fixed Term
Hours : Full Time
Faculty Central (Arts and Humanities)
Location: Avenue Campus
Salary: £25,627 to £30,497
Full Time Fixed Term (until 03/04/2023)
Closing Date: Monday 16 May 2022
We are seeking a highly motivated person to join the Faculty of Arts and Humanities as Senior Administrative Officer in our Faculty Enterprise Team (FET). The FET supports the Faculty’s educational enterprise programmes by providing an efficient and flexible administrative service across a number of functional administrative teams as the business demands.
What you will do:
Working closely with the Global Recruitment & Admissions Team Leader and Administration & Assessment Team Leader, key academic staff and other professional services, your main duties will be to support the Pre-Sessional programmes and have day-to-day oversight of other enterprise activity. Your duties will be to:
- Provide advice and guidance to applicants and other stakeholders for recruitment, selection and admissions processes
- Apply criteria-based decisions to applications and validation of English language capabilities, specifically more complex applications
- Coordinate and manage processes to support visa applications
- Monitor admissions numbers, enrolment numbers and character to provide insight to colleagues
- Lead and coordinate on the planning and organisation of induction and enrolment
- Lead and coordinate on processes relating to programme administration and assessment, providing advice and guidance to students and other stakeholders
- Lead and coordinate administrative support for Boards of Examiners
- Coordinate and manage the process for progressing students to their substantive programmes
- Liaise with the CQA team in respect to support for student academic appeals / complaints / academic integrity procedures
- Supervise the day-to-day work of three Level 2B Administration Officers.
About you – you will
- be an excellent team player with broad relevant work experience and a proven ability to work proactively
- be well organised and adaptable, taking a proactive approach to identify process, system and service improvements through the development of constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- have excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- be flexible and willing to undertake other duties as required by relevant colleagues
- have experience of processing and analysing data sets using multiple systems
- be a competent user of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
What we can offer you
- Generous Holiday allowance of 20 days annual leave rising to 24 after 4 years plus 8 bank holidays and 6 additional holidays (closure days)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Excellent Family Friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Sacrifice benefits including: AXA Private Healthcare, BUPA Dental Plan, Cycle scheme
- Employee discounts scheme
- Discounted access to University Sport and Wellbeing facilities
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- We will give due consideration to applicants that wish to work flexibly and due consideration will be given to applicants who have taken a career break. The University has a generous maternity policy (subject to qualifying criteria) and on-site childcare facilities.
This is an exciting time to be joining the University of Southampton as we continue in our mission to change the world for the better. We are a place of opportunity and inspiration that attracts the most talented staff and students from the UK and across the world.
To informally discuss this position, please contact Stacey Garmendia at S.Garmendia@soton.ac.uk
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Sam Stubbs (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 2380 592750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote reference 1724722NX on all correspondence.
Apply(This will open in a new window from which you will be automatically redirected to an external site after 5 seconds)