Assistant Football Coach
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Job Classification: Stipend
Location: Ellsworth Community College, Iowa Falls, IA
Rate Of Pay: Stipend
Summary: The Assistant Coach will be responsible for assisting the head coach in the recruitment and retention of a full competitive roster. Follow all IVCCD, ICCAC and NJCAA rules and regulations in administering the program. Support the development of student athletes. Assist with the coordination of travel, game schedule, recruiting, inventory and maintenance of equipment. Assist with game management duties.
Education and Experience: Associate’s degree required; Bachelors preferred. College coaching and scholarship management preferred.
- Requires independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use of critical thinking skills.
- May work in an environment of shifting priorities; frequent interruptions; hectic pace; and interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and materials with discretion. Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills, time management, relationship building and communication skills essential.
It is IVCCD'S policy to provide equal opportunities in its employment practices and policies for all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis f age, color, creed, disability, gender, identity, genetic information, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, and veteran status. Retaliation against any individual for reporting discrimination or assisting in providing information relevant to a report of discrimination is strictly prohibited by IVCCD and constitutes a violation of this policy