WEI Administrative Assistant - Part-Time/Grant Funded
Salary : $20.00 Hourly
Location : 15800 S. State Street, South Holland
Job Type : Part-time Temporary Employee
Department : Workforce Equity Grant
Job Number : 00010
The Workforce Equity Initiative Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with the WEI Project Manager and staff in the implementation of the Workforce Equity Initiative Grant through the State of Illinois. This position is responsible to assist in administrative and clerical day to day office activities. This position is funded through December 30, 2022.
Examples of Duties
- Provide clerical and administrative assistance in all matters pertaining to the WEI Grant.
- Assists in the compilation, organization, preparation and distribution of reports.
- Responsible for office supply inventory, purchase orders, requisitions, and follow-up with vendors.
- Maintain office equipment and create repair tickets for equipment maintenance in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the WEI department and college operations, rules, and procedures.
- Answer telephone and respond to departmental voicemail, make appointments, and assist with general WEI information and inquires.
- Review and responds to WEI email communication and assist with departmental adherence to documentation requirements.
- Consistent review of academic course schedules, cancellation of courses, and additional seat assignments.
- Assist with departmental special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Typing skills – ability to type 45-55 wpm with minimal errors.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel Power Point and computer software applications and online communications platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft TEAMS.
- 2-3yrs of progressive administrative experience at an educational institution and/or government agency that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Database management and reporting experience.
- Ability to interact and engage with diverse stakeholders and produce high level results.
This is a temporary part-time grant funded position for 20 hours per week. Pay rate is $20 per hour. This position is funded through December 30, 2022