The MidwayUSA Foundation is a national 501(c)(3) public charity, located in Columbia, Missouri. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Program Manager (PM) - Southwest. The primary responsibility of the PM, within their assigned regions, is to encourage teams to engage in fundraising activities to grow their respective endowment accounts. Additionally, PMs are actively involved in the discovery and acquisition of new Team Endowment accounts and in providing high-quality services and support to current Team Endowment account holders, on an ongoing basis. As a secondary responsibility, the PM maintains the ability to effectively and efficiently provide support, as required, to other PMs within their respective regional assignments. The PM actively participates in the Foundation’s strategy development process focusing on actions that proactively and aggressively grow the Team Endowment program, in large part by attending local, regional, and national youth shooting events and in building relationships with team leaders and industry partners. While this position is remote-only, working hours follow those of the MidwayUSA Foundation’s main campus in Columbia, Missouri, and align with the Central Standard Time Zone. The ideal candidate will reside in Texas or New Mexico, but other states will be considered including California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Arizona, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, or Missouri.
Essential Job Functions
1. Works to maximize the growth of individual team accounts and the overall growth of the Team Endowment Program by interfacing with regional and national youth shooting organizations, and by attending their events.
2. Fosters collaboration and synergy between Foundation partners (conservation groups, youth shooting organizations, and the shooting industry), the Foundation staff, and youth shooting teams.
3. Leads, administrates and directs volunteer Ambassadors and the Ambassador program within their region to extend the reach and effectiveness of the Program Manager.
4. Assists in the planning, acquisition, and distribution of Foundation fundraising products, tools, and materials.
5. Serves as a primary Foundation interface with team leadership within their regional area of responsibility. Troubleshoots and offers solutions to problems that arise between teams and the Foundation.
6. Conducts/attends meetings with youth shooting team leaders and organizations supporting youth shooting, providing general information about the Foundation, our vision, mission, and the benefits of having an endowment account in terms of long-term team sustainment.
7. Identify donors and sponsor prospects in collaboration with other PMs and in accordance with the strategic plan. Facilitate interaction between the Foundation staff and potential prospects.
8. Works on a regional basis from their assigned home state with up to 40% travel within their region, and occasionally outside their region, including over weekends.
9. Supports funding and participation in Foundation special endowments and events.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an additional four years of work experience preferred.
- Proficient with computer devices and software (personal computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) and social media.
- Knowledge of fundraising from both the working level to the management within an organization.
- Experience with a youth shooting sports team (participation, coaching, operations, etc.).
- Experience preparing and delivering public presentations.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Strong marketing and public relations skills.
- Deep commitment to transparency and the Values of our Foundation and passion for growing and sustaining youth shooting sports.
Additional Information on the Position
Thanks to the generous annual operational funding provided by Larry & Brenda Potterfield, MidwayUSA Foundation maintains a staff of well-educated, highly capable professionals. Serving over 2,800 youth shooting sports teams nationwide and growing every day makes a fast-paced work environment. We utilize various meeting platforms to stay connected within our organization and to foster collaboration with our remote employees. This requires remote employees to attend regularly scheduled meetings.
The MidwayUSA Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. An offer of employment at the MidwayUSA Foundation is contingent upon good results of a thorough background check and drug screen.
For additional information you can visit our website at www.midwayusafoundation.org/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you reside in Texas, New Mexico, or one of the others outlined in the job description states?
- Shooting Sports Industry: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to travel: