132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
- Occupational Summary
These are Part-time teaching positions.
Craven Community College is seeking to expand our pool of part-time faculty to teach classes in the College and Career Readiness Program. Openings for these positions may not exist at the present time; however, upon review of your qualifications, you may be contacted directly by the department when an opening becomes available.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for teaching Adult Basic Education, High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET) content areas using instructional methods geared toward culturally diverse and multi-skilled level adult learners. Plan lessons based on the NC College and Career Adult Education Content Standards to prepare students for successful completion of the high school equivalency test and/or enhance basic education skills
- Responsible for teaching assigned subject area (Math or Reading, Writing, Language)
- Plan relevant and practical class lessons based upon student needs assessments and test diagnostics that would assist students in transitioning to employment and/or post-secondary opportunities
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods to include technology, interactive, and hands-on activities using authentic and beneficial materials relating to subject matter
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of required paperwork
- Assist in the retention, advising and guidance of student goal setting and progression
- Responsible for effective classroom management that enhances student learning
- Participate in required professional development and mandatory trainings
- Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Two (2) years' teaching experience.
Experience teaching adult learners.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education or subject area taught from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to relate and communicate well with all socio-economic levels and ethnic groups with respect and sensitivity
Excellent oral, written, and listening skills
Ability to develop and deliver creative and interactive lessons in an energetic manner
Self-directed, organized, task and detail oriented and flexible
Able to demonstrate a variety of instructional techniques and methods
Creates and executes quality interactive contextualized daily lesson plans based on the curriculum
Working knowledge of computers, especially use of the Internet and Microsoft Office
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*